PIP #%@k U!

Probbely need to appolagise for the title, but i am js so pist of with the way this PIP has decided to treat me! yeh i paid my NI from leaving school at 16, DX 30 RR, DLa indefinate 37.stop work 40, now 48, PIP say 4points??? was this because i told what i considerd to be fare! and try too help myself, it was even noted that i rolled my sleeve up on my jumper picked my bag up where i was sat, what a shower of $%@t, next js lie, dribble and grunt!! GRRR, sorry for poor grammer!!

julien xx

Hi yes the whole process is a real bitch you don’t realise that they are watching your every move and even down to how you are dressed is noted , i hope you are going to appeal and even go to tribunal if you need too , i went to tribunal and won so don’t take no for an answer.

Take care .Katy

I don’t think your language is strong enough actually. You should appeal. And if possible get some help with the appeal process. You need to ask for a reconsideration before you can appeal, and the request for reconsideration must reach them within one month of the date on the letter. Try contacting your local CAB for help with the appeal. Also, have a look at http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ they charge about £20 to join but have excellent, up to date guides available to members. It’s worth it for the invaluable advice.

Sue

I have just applied for PIP and am awaiting a date for my assessment. Was yours with ATOS or Capita ?

If I may ask, was your 4 points for mobility or daily living?

I presume they watch the way you dress for the daily living question are you able to dress and your bag for ability to bend and hand movements and strength. They really is the case that we should only do what we can and don’t try too hard or too little.

i have applied for conversion as my condition has got worse so fingers crossed.

as others have said ask for a reconsideration. You can do this by phone I think.

good luck

paul

Hi Julien

Definetely persist, mandatory then tribunal if necessary. really disgusting how people with chronic conditions are being treated. I applied, got turned down, I was so annoyed that dwp never wrote to my Ms nurse, what is the point of putting on the form who know most about your condition and then not write to them? Absolutely maddening, I sent in further evidence including a report from my MS nurse and I was awarded basic daily living component which I accepted, tribunal was then cancelled, I will be reviewed in 2017, had to smile when lady at dwp said I must inform them if I get “better” what a load of rubbish, I have RRMS! sheer ignorance, what a statement to make to someone with MS!

Process took 8 months! absolute joke, I really think dwp just want to fob you off at every opportunity, if you persist you should be ok, but I know easier said then done, I found it really difficult to do everything in their timeframes.

Good luck and don’t give up.

sarah

Thankx to all for your kind words of surpport, and web adress yeh! these so much more i can say about the whole crappy way the lovely lady conducted herself ( two faced lying cow!!).

Next time i will no smile, shave , or be polite. I just lost my faith in humans yet again, oh yeh! I forgot they aint human.

Can i apply by phone for a mandatory reconcideration??? as it not clear to me? I think it ATOS, Stockport,

GRRR, Julien

Hi Julien

Personally I would put everything in writing. That way there’s no misunderstanding as to what you’re saying!! I’m not too clued up on what you do with reconsideration, but I would expect that you’d need to explain why you believe the decision is wrong. This is why I think some assistance with the reconsideration request is pretty useful (maybe essential?) If you can get them to reconsider and change their decision, then there’s no need for a full blown tribunal and possibly months of worry. Just remember, get on the case asap, you only have one month and if you are to get some help, and/or supporting evidence (I’m thinking maybe a letter from your MS nurse, or your doctor, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, just anyone professional who can back up what you say), then you should do it soon.

But as I said, I’m not an expert and I’ve not done it myself, so if you can get proper help, do. Really hoping I don’t have to appeal when it’s my turn!

Sue

Totally agree with ssssue, in writing only way to be sure! Good luck

sarah

Hi Juju, its awful, feel so fed up for you and all the others who have gone through this. from what you are saying, it is almost a test in itself based on whether you are able to get to the assessment. Unless you are wheeled in in a bed its as if they think, well you got here, you can sit in a chair, you can speak, so you must be ok!!

i am so stressed about having to go for mine in the near future, am due any day i think. I have just spent almost 2 months housebound with a relapse, have cried because of feeling so ill, but when I am feeling better, I look fine and healthy -even tho im not- like many of us, its all invisible! I am even tempted to say I am too unwell to go to the appointment as the minute i go in, they will have made up their mind. I am so worried as we totally depend on the dla money, and if it stops, i honestly don’t know how we will cope. Sorry Im rambling here, but the point is, do appeal, get some help from either the CAB or the benefits and work website (I used it in the past, it is excellent) and let us know how you get on.

By the way, what does happen if you are too ill to attend, I wonder if they do home assessments? Anyone know?

All the best with your appeal if thats what you decide to do,

Sophie x

[quote=“juju 67”]

Thankx to all for your kind words of surpport, and web adress yeh! these so much more i can say about the whole crappy way the lovely lady conducted herself ( two faced lying cow!!).

Next time i will no smile, shave , or be polite. I just lost my faith in humans yet again, oh yeh! I forgot they aint human.

Can i apply by phone for a mandatory reconcideration??? as it not clear to me? I think it ATOS, Stockport,

GRRR, Julien

[/quote] julie hope you as good as can be see if you can get hold off your councils welfare rights department they will appoint a welfare rights officer they will advise you on the best course off action for you and go to tribunal with you if needed, will also advise on what other benifits are there for you all the best george

[quote=“juju 67”]

GRRR, Julien

[/quote] julienhope you as good as can be see if you can get hold off your councils welfare rights department they will appoint a welfare rights officer they will advise you on the best course off action for you and go to tribunal with you if needed, will also advise on what other benifits are there for you all the best george

It’s good to know that the human element is still kicking in friends & kin,

my father came with me for the interigation, held my arm like he always does when door to chair distance is needed, and my

crutches were in the car just outside the front door of the shop,DOH! mistake number one as i can now ( by her calculations walk

200ms ) yeh! rite!! anyway a single lady, and oh so nice polite and casual, dressed in a little summer number, she

introduced herself but i must ov had one of those brain fog moments because she must of said Madusa,but no sign of surpents

in her hair!! apart from that!! erm?? ask ATOS

sophie i don’t know if they do home visits or not, but my first DLA was at home, you go for it and dont make any move they

dont ask you to, not saying be objectional, but nice and polite got me no gud! good luck to you when ya time comes

thankx yall and ill keep ya posted

Julienx