Panorama Monday night MS!

Hi gang, tomorrow night (Monday) at 8.30 pm on BBC 1 ‘Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis?’

A report on a pioneering crossover cancer treatment that has enabled some people with MS paralysis to regain mobility.

Hope all are well,

Pat xx

I understand this programme on HSCT has been rescheduled and will now go out on 25 January. Definitely one to watch though.

2 Likes

Thanks as a newbie I will look out for this.

1 Like

I must be psychic. Had a feeling it would get bumped…although often happens with Panorama. But yes, will be worth watching.

Pat xx

1 Like

Seems that it may be useful for RRMS but not PP.

1 Like

Typical xx

The anecdotal reports suggest it can stop further progression of PPMS, but like most treatments, it tends to work best for early stage RRMS.

3 Likes

Thought I was going mad, tuned in to watch and not on. I will look for it in the New Year.

1 Like

I would be very interested. although still not whether i’ll ever get a label, I would love to reverse my disability, seeing my little twin granddaughters makes me long to turn the clock back the neuro physio has helped but I want so much more, it still makes me cry thinking about being unable to push their pram.

Michelle x

I was looking forward to this programme, will have to remember in January, unless it gets changed again.

Hey ho

Pam x

I had HSCT in Moscow June/July 2014. Im PPMS. So glad I did, lots of improvements.

1 Like

What kind of improvements can you elaborate?

Jan x

Clear speech, bladder normal, no daily fatigue. Walking still difficult.

1 Like

Delighted to hear your bold move paid off in the end. Hopefully, progression has been halted and there are more benefits to come.

2 Likes

Reading my post, I feel I was a little blunt so apologies!! I had a 6 month post mri in London that was inconclusive, then a 12 month mri that confirmed progression stopped. Drop foot still a problem and EDSS still 6.5 and I agree with comments earlier that HSCT works best in RRMS and the closer to dx the better. The NHS are offering it now to RRMS sufferers that have failed 2x DMD.

1 Like

Oops the above was from me don’t know how I went Anon.

Jan x

It appears this programme has been re scheduled yet again, to Monday 11 January.

2 Likes

Thanks whammel, I’d made a note in m diary…no hope of remembering without my trusty diary…I will change it to the 11th.

Nina

2 Likes

This appeared on the BBC site today.

Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis: Panorama - Scheduling

Can You Stop My Multiple Sclerosis? Panorama will be shown on BBC One on Monday 18 January at 8.30pm.

2 Likes

Thanks Whammel x

Pam x