pain in back

i’ve been getting a really sharp pain at the base of my spine. only appears to start when i accidentally contort myself trying to get up from a lying down position

I do kind of remember that when I was in the process of being dxd last autumn I mentioned to the neuro that I have regular osteopathic treatment (go once a month) for various back pain etc. Actually I saw two neuros. It all went down in my medica history. Back pain comes and goes but I’m definitely in a worse condition than I was this time last year, before the relapse at the end of summer. Most days I’m like a 90 year old when I get out of the car (actually just 62 now, )

So many people of all ages (including my kids who are 29 and 23) have back pain, for all sorts of reasons. I had a lower spine MRI a couple of years ago, referred by my GP, and the result came back as worn discs. This is age related - except my 23 year old son also has worn discs - so go figure.

Noticed that when I don’t have regular maintenance it all gets worse.

It’s the fault of the MS. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!..

Louise

Finally a diagnosis,thank’s to Mr Karpinski it’s a recurring slipped disc.I had an operation around 10 to 15 years ago,can’t remember exactly,thank’s to MS brain fade but it all stems from that apparently.It means surgery if my neuro agrees with it or injections to nullify the pain, I personally would like the surgery but we will see.Been feeling lower than a snakes belly lately hence now on anti depressants which have been tripled in strength over the past couple of months.The thoughts I’ve been having are not pleasant at all,at one point i had everything planned for Monday the 2nd of November but I think I have turned a corner now,can’t leave my three girls alone after they lost their mother only two years ago,actually typing this has helped me.I don 't have many friends at all to share my woes and concerns with,bit of a sad Billy no mates really.

Take care of yourselves and try to keep smiling

Mel xx.

allo.

an OT told me that as well as looking at our mattress/pillows support, we should check our daytime support/posture. I was blaming my bed for back pain as it soon started when I got into bed.

If the daytime support is correct, then ask a physio for advise.

pollx