oh chuffin` chuffin` `ell!!!!

There I was advising everyone concerned about doing the PIP self test and beginning to feel a bit better…when…only gone and wet myself…totally!

In Jan, Feb and march this year, I had utis and was on anti-biotics. The symptoms were a nasty strong smell and urgency to go.

Each time the problem was solved, for about a week, when the problems returned. GP said not to take anti b`s if it was just a strong smell.

So 2 days ago, back came the pong and urgency. Yesterday i wet hubby`s hand as he assisted me in transferring to commode! Not a happy bunny.

Then just now, sitting my recliner, busy-beeing, trying to help folk on here, when i got the urge and began slinging up to the hoist…but no…in just no time at all…down it gushed. Luckily I wasnt still in my lovely chenille recliner, but hovering over my wheelie.

Niagara Falls fell! Hubby got me to commode and removed my very soggy clothes.

I had to have my 2nd shower of the day. And now I`m in bed…much easier to get hoisted to commode when needing to go.

im fed up...........chuffin fed up!

GP is ringing at 3,30. i`m gonna talk to her about a referral to a urologist for a supra pubic catheter. I dont really want one, but what the chuff else can i do.

Been on 20mg oxybutynin tablets for years…to calm my bladder…maybe there`s a better one.

ttfn

luv Polly…poor Polly!x

Oh Poll. You were so happy too!!!

Take it steady luv. At least you can stop worrying about PIP now.

((((hugs))))

Shazzie xxxx

A bunch of flowers for you Poll,

Love Pat xxx

Hi, GP has just rung. She wants me to have a bladder scan, so has referred me for that.

Has done a prescription for anti-biotics.

Isn`t keen for me to have a supra pubic catheter…because they cause infections…

Then I asked her about doing a report for DWP re ESA and she said it is for them to ask, not me.

Odd that, as thats what neuros secretary said too. Yet, I know some folk have asked for reports from their neuros and docs themselves…?

luv Pollx

oh Poll, i know exactly what you mean, im in the middle of trying things out.at mo im on laxido once a day and senicot every other dayto try and sort my bowels out_ this in turn should help my incontinence. but all thats happening now is that im constinitly weeing myself, once i need to go, I NEED TO GO. cant stop it, im now wearing pull up continence pants all the time (im only 45, for goodness sake). i go through so many of them, its getting ridiculous.im also retaining water so i need to go lots.

When i go back in may, ive got to do a stool diary. they will then see what to do next . ive already tried self cathertise, i cant do it,its impossible so it looks like it might be supra pubic catherta for me too. oh joy! this blooming desease, it takes away all your dignity.

Lisa x

Poll, l rarely get a uti - used to before l had the spc. The best thing to prevent and stop uti’s is D-Mannose - google it and read the reviews - l got it from amazon. l have a friend who is always getting uti’s and anti-biotics are not working well - so l thought l would get the D-Mannose for her to try.

Poll, lf you do not get on with a spc - it does start ‘growing over’ about 30mins after the catheter is removed. You are not stuck with it forever. Although, l would certainly not manage without mine.

F.

Hi Poll I really feel for you. As you know I am awaiting a SPC after I have still continued to have infections with this uretheral one! (5 since end of January!) It’s not good to hear that your GP says you will still get infections, it’s got to be better than your situation at the moment. There isn’t a perfect solution but I have deliberated for sometime now about going down the sp route (April 25th) As Frances says it is very reversible if its not for you. Hope you are now resting after your traumas. I will let you know how I get on!! Take care Linda x

Hi Poll I really feel for you. As you know I am awaiting a SPC after I have still continued to have infections with this uretheral one! (5 since end of January!) It’s not good to hear that your GP says you will still get infections, it’s got to be better than your situation at the moment. There isn’t a perfect solution but I have deliberated for sometime now about going down the sp route (April 25th) As Frances says it is very reversible if its not for you. Hope you are now resting after your traumas. I will let you know how I get on!! Take care Linda x

Oops not sure what happened there, sorry for repeat…repeat…repeat!!! Linda x

Hi maybe after my bladder scan, I will get referred to a urologist to discuss spc.

Good luck Linda.

luv Pollx

Hi

Sorry to hear your problems and hope you get a suitable solution.

I have an SPC and it has been pretty good, just to have drink shed loads…of water!

P.S Did you enjoy trinity and changing places loos?!Do like the arcade and checked out the disabled toilets,rock n roll!

Hi, yeh I and my 2 carers, loved the CP loo at trinity. But we were disappointed that the shops werent all under cover and we froze!

luv Pollx

[/quote]

Hi, yeh I and my 2 carers, loved the CP loo at trinity. But we were disappointed that the shops werent all under cover and we froze!

luv Pollx

[/quote]

Yes it can be a bit cold in there!

Thanks Poll, I do hope you get referred to an urologist as there has to be something to make your life a little easier… Do let us know what happens, hope you get appointment soon. I’m counting the sleeps I have left before my SPC!! Linda x