Off-patent Drugs

I read a good way into the debate and found the following statement by the Burt creature:

“No sensible Government would seek to resist people having access to drugs in any way.”.

The logical conclusion from this is that the present Government - who are, after all, Mr Burt’s political masters - cannot be considered to be sensible. Wow, there’s a surprise.

I have to put my hand up and say that I did not e-mail my MP on this issue, because I know from prior experience that as a junior minister (and sometime GP) he will simply parrot the government line. The last time this happened was over the privatisation of the NHS. His reply was categorical - the NHS was not being privatised. Since we are in the middle of that vast swathe of Southern England where every “NHS” Treatment Centre West of Portsmouth) is privately owned and operated (by the infamous Care UK), you will understand why I doubt he is capable of independent thought.

Since then, thanks to the post from Dunfirmlipop in the New Diagnosis forum entitled "NHS and use of Medinet Neurologists - Anyone with experience? ", I am all the more convinced that there is a policy of creeping privatisation. Just Google Medinet for yourselves.

Geoff

1 Like

Blame too many can’t be bothered MPs and the Nasty Party.

Dave.

It is not like me to support Tory MPs but it should be pointed out that a lot of MPs from all different parties (including the Conservatives) DID attend to support the Bill. In fact, it shouldn’t be forgotten that the original version of this Bill was put forward in 2014 by a Tory MP who lost his seat in 2015. The obstruction came from the Ministers not from ordinary MPs.

The Hansard report of the debate (if you could call it a debate) is very interesting. Debate on the Bill starts about half way down at 1.8 pm (Column 1289). It is interesting to see the number of medically qualified MPs contributing (all in favour). Against this the lone Minister’s objections are exactly that - LONE! He doesn’t raise a single positive argument against the Bill or - to be honest - any argument at all. Just waffle.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmhansrd/cm151106/debtext/151106-0002.htm#15110644000838

The good news, however, is that there is a further debate on 4th December. Get your lobbying shoes on again boys and girls - this could be a very embarrassing situation for the Government with enough publicity behind it. Not a Party Political one but a question of right versus wrong.