Ocrevus And Associated Risks

Hi everyone,

I am still deciding whether to take Ocrevus or not.
I would appreciate if anyone can give me some advice on the cancer risk associated with taking Ocrevus? As I have heard about their being a breast cancer risk?
I have spoken to doctors and nurses, but would like to know from anyone taking Ocrevus or from those who decided not to take Ocrevus.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,
I started Ocrevus infusions last week. I had my first 300mg last Wednesday and have my second next week.
I made the decision over a few months and decided the risk of cancer was one I was willing to take.
It doesn’t really help you at all, but I just wanted to let you know, I’ve been where you are…
Happy to share my experience x

Hello, just been diagnosed right at the end of last year. I realise this post is a bit old but I would be interested in hearing from those who have taken Ocrevus and their experience with it. Might make this a separate post but interested to hear if this one is still active at all.

Hi - had my first half dose last week and next week I’ll have my second one.
Very straightforward - I had loads of bloods taken a couple of weeks before. Attended the unit at 9am - had BP taken, then a cannula put in. Given paracetamol, IV steroids and antihistamine. Break of an hour then the infusion. They increased the rate every hour and I was finished about 3. Only side effect was I had some blotchiness on my face at the end for about half hour (didn’t feel it, didn’t know until I looked in mirror!).
Walked home no issues. Was a bit hard to sleep that night - might have been the steroids.

All good. This was ny first DMT.