Not readyvfor app tomorow!

Hello evwryone, I have app tomoriw at 11pm at gloucesrer dr martin, I am not ready, just feel I have given up befire I go, I hope I feel stronger tomorow, so long getting some postive reaponce, love boz xx

Hi Boz,

Please don’t think of it like a test or an exam that you have to swot up for. Just be yourself, and tell it like it is.

It might help to jot down a few bullet points of the most important things, to make sure you don’t forget them when you’re in there, but it’s really not something you should have to spend hours preparing for.

Be honest, be as accurate as possible, take it as it comes. It’s not a trial.

Tina

x

P.S. I’m sure you must mean 11 a.m, don’t you? Even though I’m a real night owl, and it’s now 02:20 in the morning, even I would be a bit put off if I had a medical appointment 11 o’clock at might!

Hi Boz,

Wondering how it’s gone?

Tina

x

Hi tina, oh dear I was in a funny space, thankyou for being there, I went in with having written what I could in the carpark, like bullet points, he is lovely, checking bloods for vit d and b 12 abd enzymes, looking at a musvle disoder possiably poly something, doesn’t want to put me through another lumbar punture, as I was unwell with last one, I said I din’t mind ifcit could help, last one was nefatice.he is repeating scans abd lookingcat back mri, I feel it is a lifetime waiting , abd now feel tired and washed out waiting for a diagnoaes.could it be it still could .he is saying at the mo he doesn’t want to collaverate my symptomscto a serouscillness., hadcfour viles, mri in four weeka.how is it for ; thankyou for sharibg love boz xx

Hi Boz,

Oh dear, you are sounding a little confused in your post, but I will assume you were probably trying to type on something that’s a right pain, like an iPhone or iPad. I’m still using an old iPad 1, and seriously wish I’d never bought this heap of junk.

I only had about 5 months’ decent use out of it before they made an irreversible operating system upgrade this model just can’t handle, and now leads to it crashing at least 20 times a day. I have come close to throwing it on the floor and stamping on it, it’s that annoying.

Anyway, back to your appointment, and although you are sounding slightly confused, or just tired, the overall picture seems to be that he was kind and helpful - not at all scary - so that’s good. I am surprised you have never before had a vitamin D or B12 check, given your symptoms, but both sound sensible.

I am not sure what the muscle thing he mentioned might be, but am guessing at polymyalgia rheumatica. Was that it? If that is suspected, you would probably eventually be referred to Rheumatology, as it’s not really a neuro thing - although I don’t know if it’s one of those conditions that can affect the central nervous system in some people. There is sometimes quite a big overlap between Rheumatology and Neurology. I started of at Rheumatology, where I was diagnosed with “wear and tear”, and discharged with advice to rest and take Ibuprofen. NOT right!

But I did get a proper answer in the end - and I believe you will too.

Tina

x

Hi tina, I am probably making an awful lot of spelling mistajes ans getting lost too , I forgetcto write what I am thinkingcat times, thankyou for sharing, he has said he will do what tests, I would like too, to help see why I am suffwring the way I am., I hope he leaves it open for me, it sounded like polymyyosis, I am sure spelling is wrong, I am tapping on my moby.tgankyou again very appreciatwd love boz xx