No firm diagnosis but probable MS

Hi guys I joined the site to hopefully get some support from people going through the same thing! I’m 28 now and when I was 21 I had my first episode. Started off with Optic Neuritis in my left eye and quickly developed to pins and needles all down my left side, loss of my reflexes, then left sided weakness. Ended up being hospitalised for emergency MRI and LP. Their initial theories were MS, brain tumour or Chiari Malformation. I had a horrendous reaction to the LP and was completely bed bound and in agony for more than a week. I self discharged 4 days after the LP cos I couldn’t deal with being there any longer. They were going to treat me with IV steroids but I’m needle phobic. Took 9 weeks to recover from this episode. At 3 month check up a neurologist who didn’t even see me in hospital gave me a diagnosis of Migrainous Phenomenon. He said they couldn’t say I definitely didn’t have MS but MRI was clear so if I had another episode they would give a diagnosis of MS. 2 years ago I had another episode which started with pins and needles and weakness down my left side again. Once again my reflexes were poor and I couldn’t balance at all with my eyes closed. Saw a different neurologist as the prior one had retired, who ordered another urgent MRI. This MRI also didn’t show any lesions so neurologist put it down to stress and once again said if I had another relapse they would diagnose MS. Then about 4 weeks ago I started noticing my balance wasn’t so great and I was feeling more tired. My partner also pointed out around this time that i was kicking my left leg out when i walk. 5th June I had a bad migraine with left sided weakness and had to take an injection for it. Then last Tuesday I had a 2nd bad migraine again needing an injection. Between the migraines I never regained my balance. I have left sided pins and needles, weakness and heaviness in my left arm and leg, extreme fatigue to the point where even cooking dinner leaves me exhausted, my balance is shocking and I keep falling into the walls and tripping over, and I keep dropping things. Oh and my little toe on my right foot has been numb for about 3 months. I went to the GP on Friday and she did a neuro exam and said my reflexes in my legs are practically non existent and my left side is marginally weaker. She said its probably the 2 migraines so close together that’s done it and signed me off for 2 weeks to rest. However we are almost at the end of that 2 weeks and if anything things are worse. She said she would refer me back to a neurologist if things don’t improve so I’ve booked another appointment with her but the earliest was Wednesday next week. I’ve kind of resigned myself to the fact that I probably do have MS but my family are being less than supportive. My mum calls me a hypochondriac and says its all in my head. My partner bless him is lovely thank goodness. Sorry this ended up being a bit of an essay! Any thoughts welcomed :slight_smile: x

Argh apologies for the triple post! Clearly my iPad is having a bad day lol

Don’t worry… there’s a problem with the website at the moment as we are being hit by spammers. Lots of posts come out double or triple.

Pat x

Phew thanks good to know x