New to this.

Hi, my name is Rob.
I have secondary progressive MS. I was diagnosed in 2006 with relapsing and remitting MS.
I had to stop working in October 2021 after 46yrs working, 22years with last company. I have to admit that I’m struggling. I know what I can do but find it easier to just sit around rather than get on with things.I’m using Talkworks to get back to my usual self but as soon as i put phone done. It’s back to sitting around! I just can’t get motivated.
Hopefully writing it on here will make me realise what I’m doing to myself.

1 Like

Hi Rob,
I can relate to your problems, I too find it difficult to motivate myself mainly because I feel my brain is on total overload and I need to rest.
When I go to bed at night it’s like my sanctuary a lovely relaxing nest I usually go to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.:joy:
I like to do woodwork and try to make an effort to go into my garage and spend about an hour if I can working on projects I have on the go, I have been working on one for six months :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: sometime I just can’t find the energy but force myself then the next day I am poorly. It’s so comforting to find others who have the same problems.:+1::+1:

1 Like

Hi Robc,
I’m also new to this forum and to the same condition you now have. I was only diagnosed on 26th of this month with SPMS so searched for info and advice and ended up here. I also have CML and joined another forum a few years back and find it really helps to know there are others in a similar situation that understand what you may be going through. Stay positive :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Rob,
Sorry to hear your situation. After 40 years of working I find myself really struggling too now. Not sure how things are going to resolve themselves.
I’m not sure how active your MS allows you to be.
If you’re still able to get out & about, I’d recommend trying to get outdoors & keep as active as you can. I find this helps me. Though easier said than done with MS I know.
Try to keep positive Rob.
Best wishes,
Steve

2 Likes