New to this site

Hi Pam I am feeling a little happier having spoken to you and others on this site. I really don’t feel alone any more. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

lyn x

2 Likes

Lyn your story sounds a bit like mine. They reckon I’ve had it about 20 years but I’ve had it put down to anxiety, depression, hypochondria, viruses and then a spinal cord injury. I too got my dx after a lumbar puncture. I was a nurse before this so when I saw Progressive I just had visions of the worst cases I’ve nursed over the years and imagined I’d become that disabled within months. It was terrifying and very depressing but now I just go from day to day doing what I can when I can and enjoying quieter hobbies when the body fails me, a bit like my parent’s dog who just plods happily along in his own little world without any worries other than his next meal what we’ll play with later.

I’ve gone from perfectionist to so laid back. I used to judge my success by how much I’d achieved and how busy I’d been but now if it doesn’t get done today it’ll still be there tomorrow or next week! Now If I’ve made someone smile I’ve achieved success today. And surprisingly I’m more settled now than I’ve ever been, despite my health. There is quality of life with ms, we just have to move the goal posts.

Take care

Cath x

2 Likes

Hi Lyn and welcome. I am the village idiot and teller of bad jokes. I was diagnosed twenty years ago and laugh at every opportunity my MS is mood related and when I laugh it hides in the corner.

Sorry to hear about your mum ​ thats my sad face. You are right we all have our own unique version of this wonderful disease and just coz mum was like that etc. Etc.etc.

Good luck with everything thing.

XXX Don

3 Likes

Hello Lyn.

Iv’e just seen your message Welcome to this wonderful site…it has helped me tremendously, I’m fairly new on here I joined last December. I’m still waiting for a diagnosis…but felt more at home on this forum as i have a lot more in common with this group. I like to think of myself as adventurous and hate being held back by my disability…I have a power wheelchair and a fantastic dog called Frazer…trained by Canine partners, we have been official partners together since November last year…He is my best friend and has turned my life around.

Michelle x

1 Like

Hi Michelle I really admire your positivity and wish I could be half as positive. I have got a wheelchair and a portable scooter but I find it hard to use them. I worry all the time that people are looking at me and thinking " what is she in that for". I also feel that I am giving in by not trying to walk to the shops even though it is very difficult. Sounds like Frazer is a god send

lyn

2 Likes

Hi Cath I am still at the stage of thinking I can still do all the things I used to be able to do. Then I get upset and completely exhausted when I realise I can’t. I saw a clinical psychologist last week and he said the only thing wrong with me was that I was finding it hard to accept that I need to pace myself to make life better for myself and my family. Reading you post has made me think.

Thank you

Lyn

2 Likes

Hi Don it’s nice to have someone around to make people laugh. You can crack as many bad jokes as you like it’s fine by me. Thank you for your kind words.

Lyn

3 Likes

Hi Lyn, I just wanted to say Hi & welcome I hope you find the forum to be a god-send, I certainly have!

Sonia x

2 Likes

Hi Sonia thank you for the welcome. I already feel less alone since joining the forum

lyn

2 Likes