My Gorgeous Grandaughters

Rochelle stayed last night with Naomi and Laura. They are 2 months old now and have grown so much. they’ve got a doctors appointment this morning so Grandad Lee has taken them to the clinic with Rochelle. I cant belive how much having them has helped me… i’m able to do far more than i imagined , i still feel completely worn out and weak but feel so much happier and far more positive a few months ago.

The weather is gorgeous today in Frodsham and all my little plants are shooting up through the ground its nearly spring! Frazer (assistance dog) is happy too… it means more walks for him. We are off to my hospital appointment this afternoon, he loves all of the fuss and attention he gets from the nurses.

I hope everyone is okay,

Michelle and Frazer xx

3 Likes

You sound very happy Michelle, being able to spend quality time with your granddaughters must be lovely. Seeing the days getting longer and the first signs of spring always cheers me up too. Being able to help your daughter with the twins must give you that feeling of being useful again which I know is so uplifting. I’m going down to give dad his shave and sit with him so mum can go and get her hair done. I love having quality time alone with him and being ex military, having a wet shave makes him very happy as he’s unable to do it for himself now. Sometimes it’s the smallest things that have a big impact on life.

Good luck with your hospital appointment, take care of yourself, and give Frazer a cuddle from me.

Cath x

2 Likes

Lovely reading this Michelle, you sound so happy, in a real good place. Blimey those 2 months have gone quick, make the most of them, they are not babies long, especially these days.

It’s a lovely warm feeling when you feel useful and there’s a purpose to your day isn’t it? And I am so glad you’ve surprised yourself as to how much you can do, better than any feeling medication can give you.

Spring IS just around the corner, I am so glad, even though winter has been kinder to us than normal, but those poor people still got flooded.

Give Fraser a hug from me and Alfie sends him a tail wag.

Good luck with your appointment.

Pam x

2 Likes

Hi,

Just have that ‘warm feeling’ reading your blogs.

We lost our faithful pooch Poppy in November - still miss her so. She was my shadow for 15 years. Looking out of the window in the moonlight I spotted the first snowdrops like tiny white stars. The first signs after all the stormy weather that another spring is on its way. We may not have Poppy now but we can look forward collecting ‘moments’ to remember. My great-nephew, now 4 months, keeps us all smiling for the new days yet to come.

Hope this makes sense as feeling a little brain fuzzelled this early.

Kind regards to all.

Anne

1 Like

Cheered me up just reading this!

Glad it’s all going so well Michelle,

Dickie says meow to Frazer,

Pat xx

2 Likes

Thanks Cath, its lovely to hear from you, i hope that your feeling better, i know that you haven’t been well.

I can’t put into words how happy i feel,.i’m completely in love with my two tiny Granddaughters

Your right about needing to feel useful…Thats so special having time with your Dad. My Dads 77 this time and I don’t see as much of him as i’d like to. My sister does most of the looking after our Mum and Dad, but as they get older you realize how precious they are and how much you love them.

Frazer said thanks for the cuddle, he was a good boy at the hospital, and i got given new tablets to help stop the constant weeing…its terrible at night.

Michelle and Frazer xx

1 Like

Yes definitely in a good place Pam…and much better than any medication. I hope this happy feeling continues, i had a real battle with depression last year. I hope that you are okay Pam. Tell Alfie Frazer says Woof Woof thank you in a Frazery Voice.

Michelle x

2 Likes

Ah Thanks Anne, thats a lovely thing to say, I’m not the best at spelling but it gives me a buzz writing on here , and i really don’t know how i’d have coped without this forum and reading everyone elses messages

So sorry about Poppy…I bet you miss her so much, its heart breaking when our pets die, We lost Max our last golden retriever nearly 4 years ago, he was a real friend and a big part of our family, he wasn’t an assistance dog like Frazer . i wasn’t in a wheelchair then.

Lovely to hear about your great nephew, i bet you love him a lot.

Michelle x

1 Like

Thanks Pat, Things definitely better at the moment even my mobility seems much better…that is inside, outside is a different story …however i cant complain, i manage to get everywhere i need to with the " wishing chair " and Frazer

Michelle and Frazer Woof Woof from Frazer to Dickie xx

2 Likes

Hi Michelle, isn’t it odd how walking inside and outside are like two totally different experiences? I too can walk ok inside (well not ‘normal ok’ but at least I can walk) as absolutely useless outside.

I’m having another lovely ‘builder free’ day and then it all starts again tomorrow.

Wish I was Samantha in Bewitched and could just wiggle my nose and have the kitchen finished and everything put away!!!

Have a nice Sunday,

Pat xx

1 Like

Pat when you’ve mastered the nose wiggling could you please come and do it at my house which desperately needs a spring clean?

Cath x

1 Like