My colostomy operation

I’m glad it helped Don. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, worries, concerns.

Sue

Thanks for this post Sue and sharing so much. I’m a total wuss but know one day these are things that will inevitably happen, as I also suffer with bladder/bowel inconsistency.

I remember discussing gluten free foods with the lady on the till in M&S, way before MS bleeped on anyone’s radar - she patted her abdomen and said the colostomy had been the best thing ever for her and I remember her genuine smile and happiness she’d had it done. It’s really good to hear the positives these things can bring so thanks again

Sonia x

1 Like

Hi Sonia, I wrote it because it was a positive step for me, and there just didn’t seem to be enough mentions on here of personal experience of colostomy.

I am always happy to reply to PMs on colostomy related worries, concerns and questions. So if you do reach the day when you think it might happen for you, feel free to PM me. (The same applies to everyone.)

And by the way, sometimes people PM me and decide maybe it’s not for them and they’ll continue to manage their bowels with Peristeen, Qufora, enemas, laxatives, DRS, whatever works for them.

So considering a colostomy doesn’t mean it’s always right for everyone. You might get to the point where you think you need more help, but a stoma isn’t quite the answer.

Sue

Hi Sue, thank you so much for your detailed info.
How are you and how is your baby behaving? (:grin:)
I can’t transfer on and off the loo anymore. I still want to have adventures and quite an active wheelchair user.
I’m on a waiting list but have put off consultation appointment a couple of times. I think I’ll have to brave the op or stay indoors forever
Hope you’re managing well with the colostomy :blush: