Forum

ms symptoms

ms symptoms help 

acky and hurting ankles and wrists, hands too getting me down,

taking copaxone, progablin and noratriplyn is there anyone who could help me on this website,,

i have posted a coupl of times before with no replys am i doing something wrong xx

[quote=“sambo”]

ms symptoms help

acky and hurting ankles and wrists, hands too getting me down,

taking copaxone, progablin and noratriplyn is there anyone who could help me on this website,

i have posted a coupl of times before with no replys am i doing something wrong xx

[/quote] please help xx

Hi Sambo,

No, you're not doing anything wrong, as far as I can see.

But I think the forum has been "down" overnight, so probably nobody could log in to see your post.

I'm sorry you're experiencing pain, but unfortunately it's a fact of life for many people with MS.  It used to be thought it didn't cause pain, but nowadays, we know that's not true.

I don't think there's any such thing as the "perfect" painkiller.

However, it might be worth speaking to your doctor or MS nurse, to review what you're on at the moment, and see if anything needs tweaking, or even replacing.  You might be able to achieve better results than you've got now.

Other things that might help are physiotherapy (try to get a neuro-physiotherapist) or meditation.  I've never had much luck with the latter - mainly because I've never got "into it" enough to persevere.  But apparently it's shown quite impressive results for those who do.

Tina

Sorry you've not been getting responses. I'm afraid I didn't see your last posts so I don't know if this applies, but what definitely helps to get responses is to ask a specific question. Without a question, people don't really know what to say.

If your current pain meds aren't working it could be that you aren't taking the right dose or that you need a different med entirely. MSers tend to get two different types of pain (at least!): neuropathic (pregabalin and noratriptyline are used for this) and muscular. So perhaps your pain isn't neuropathic so you need something new? The best thing to do is to phone your MS nurse or see your GP and ask for help. An appointment with a neurophysio and maybe a pain clinic might be a good idea too.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Karen x