MS Society Glasgow Facebook Support Page

Hi everyone,

I met with the head of the Glasgow MS Society branch today and she has a great new initiative for a facebook page very similar to what this forum offers - help, advice, sign posting and general support to people affected by MS, whether it be people who have MS, caregivers, family, etc.

I think it’s great that the MS Society provides such outreach tools to people who might be weary of using old fashioned methods like telephone helplines or even this forum. It also provides a more local community - and given that Glasgow covers the West of Scotland and the Scottish Islands (Scotland having the highest rate of MS in Europe) it’s a tool that we hope will grow and allow people to get in touch who might otherwise have been a bit weary of getting support.

Although it focuses on the Glasgow and surrounding areas in terms of updates, the community support it offers is obviously unrestricted.

Eventually, it’s hoped that it will grow enough to encourage social activities outwith the world wide web and get people meeting like minded people in their area to form friendships and peer support from people who understand what they’re going through.

The Glasgow branch page is Redirecting...
(Which will be shortened to Facebook/MSSocietyGlasgow when we reach enough ‘likes’)

There are other areas covered by this approach too, for anyone who feels they may benefit from it.

Be well,

J

not working ,im from wishaw

It should be… Works on mine

You can also search for “MS Society Glasgow”

J