I feel a bit silly here, but am not sure where else to go as I have a few problems, can’t pinpoint them and a friend with MS said they sounded like her problems.
I’m assuming its not as serious but I honestly don’t know much about MS so any replies should be welcome.
I bolded anything important for people, like me, with poor attention spans to pick up.
Basic info: I’m female, 21 years old. History of anaemia.
- I’m having constant body pain. This is my main complaint.
- I feel bruised a lot, I sleep on a bed with around 9 pillows which go either side of me and from my head down to my end of my back but still wake up feeling bruised.
- I never have visable bruises, so am told by the Drs they’re not technically bruises, but that’s how it feels. Only the odd visable one but seriously painful and it’s often.
- I also have muscle pains. Right now the back of my neck, the spine part hurts so much even leaning against my pillows and chairs is really painful. Also the side of it.
- My legs and arms hurt often and shake.
- My legs go numb if I stand or sit too long so I have to keep changing how I sit.
My arms and legs sometimes go numb while I’m lying in bed too, I doubt it’s due to any kind of pressure as it happens to all of them and regardless of how I am lying.
- And lately if I sit too long my knees kinda go stiff.
- I am suffering with vertigo lately that’s been getting progressively worse; suspected Menieres. As a result I’m falling over and walking into things a lot increasing the amount of surface injuries and bruises.
- I have vision trouble at times, but this may be more to do with light sensitivity, vertigo and needing glasses. THe cloudiness I get seems to fit none of these neatly but it’s possibly a combination.
- With the visual stuff, mostly linked to the vertigo though, I also have painful sensations in the eyes from moving them as well as balance distortion, as though gravity changes becoming lighter then heavier rapidly. It’s very uncomfortable and disorientation.
- And the last thing is random, no one ever understands this, but I get this weird feeling of ice on my back. It’s like a thin sheet of ice on my back. Not painful but certainly not comfortable. Right now I’m also getting it on my legs too. I’m not sure what that is or if it’s just me being odd.
- Another odd sensation like the one above is one of bleeding. It will feel like I’m bleeding, trickling somewhere, maybe a bit of pain where it starts too. But nothing’s there, no injury, no wetness. =.= It’s odd.
Other possibly related things;
- I also get incredibly tired, regardless of sleep. It’s possibly due to a horrid year long bout of insomnia which has changed my sleeping (I enter REM sleep almost immediately and have very little restorative sleep according to my observation).
Also could be to do with the vertigo, as my tiredness has increased as they symptoms have, but I also find myself worn out very quickly. Going to uni meant getting the bus. On the bus journey I would sleep 5 minutes into it then by the time a 15 minute journey had come to an end and I was waiting for the next bus I would be ready to go back to bed!
- I also get so shaky I sometimes can’t hold things or walk easily. I normally just stay in bed and wait it out but sometimes it’s like that all day.
- I also have depression, this could be a factor for some of the things, including energy levels and ability to concentrate, plan etc.
- I have suspected Menieres as mentioned above.
- I also read that low sex drive can be linked; my sex drive is very low, but I am also asexual, so could be to do with that.
Thanks for reading. I’d appreciate any info even if it’s just to say this doesn’t really sound like MS. Like i said, I doubt it is but when you have a collection or random problems they often get ignored by the Drs and these are getting worse to the point I’m having trouble leaving the house and in so much pain right now in my neck it’s really bothering me. =/