MS and the Menopause/postmenopause

Hello.

Just wondered if anyone out there have experienced an increase in their MS symptoms while going through the menopause. My symptoms have got much worse since I stopped my periods 8mths ago. I am not sure if I have finished completely as I hear that a lot of people have the odd period after this time.

The hot flushes and palpatations that go along with it have really increased the ON and MS Hug.

Hope you are all doing ok.

Thanks for any advice.

Take care.

Shazzie xxx

Hi Shazzie, I didn’t start getting tested for MS until I was postmenopause… but now realise that I was getting some symptoms during menopause and putting them down to menopause.

Have you thought about HRT? I was on it for about 4 years just to get me through the worst of it… and it was easy to come off so it’s by no means a lifetime thing.

There are of course some natural remedies… inc evening primrose oil (if I remember rightly) which some people say is also good for MS. There’s plenty of other ones too.

But looking into HRT won’t hurt and might be worth considering. I think it’s worth trying anything that might help.

Pat x

Thank you Pat.

That is really helpful. I have got some Evening Primrose Oil so I will give that a try and get an appt with my GP to talk about HRT.

Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it.

Take care.

Shazzie xx