Menopause, MS and advise

Hello everyone, hope you’re either enjoying the weather or keeping cool here in the UK since we’re not used to this scorching weather :sunny:

Question for the ladies if that’s ok, looking to see if your MS improved or worsened during / after the menopause and if you took HRT did it help?

I was diagnosed in 2008 and keep fairly well but now I’m at the age where menopause will be happening in the not to far away future and I’m interested to hear how it was for you ladies in regards to your MS symptoms.

Thanks a lot xxx

My menopause actually started early and dragged out for years, finishing at age 46, and I’ve always wondered if it was related to the MS. Never saw a change in my symptoms, though.

Thanks for replying, that’s good to know you never noticed changes MS wise x

Hi, I was only diagnosed last year with spms and the menopause started a few years back - so I dont really know what is ms and what is menopause or even what is just old age ( im definatley less tolerant and more grumpy but think that is just old age! ) but dont think menopause made ms worse

Hello

I had a bit of a nothing menopause. No symptoms, no weirdness, no periods, no notable MS symptoms either. Just a bit fat nothing. Slightly early - pretty much all over by the age of 50.

I class myself as having been extremely lucky. Some women have a horrible time.

I’m now 54. I honestly feel that’s the only ‘medical lottery’ I’ve ever won.

I should just leave well alone until and unless your body starts demanding attention. Best of luck.

Sue

I don’t think you’ll be grumpy, perhaps less tolerant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Sue. I am 40 and I am Perimenopausal and have always suffered really bad periods and have the option of a hysterectomy but I don’t fancy that at all and keep hoping one day soon it’ll pass :rofl::+1: but it’s good to hear that it’s not had any impact MS wise x

Women are truly cursed by periods (amongst other things). It just proves that if human life was designed, it most certainly wasn’t done by a female. She would surely have had more sense!

I am always so sorry to hear about other women’s miseries during menopause. And so very lucky to have avoided it.

Sue

1 Like

HRT all the way here. And I’m in no hurry to come off it. There’s enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that MS gets worse after the menopause to convince me that staying on as long as I’m let makes sense. It’s not without its risks, but then what is? Also, it’s protective of bone health, and my bones need all the help they can get.

1 Like

Thanks, hope I’m in you and Sues gang here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi Alison, I did read that somewhere but for some reason I can’t find it anywhere now. X

1 Like

Try this

A
x

Thank you x

1 Like