MS and stress, seasons and sadness

Hi everyone,

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted on the forum (I try to just get on with it) but I’m worried right now and could do with some feedback. My lovely Nan died yesterday. I’m very upset and didn’t sleep much last night, but I don’t know if I feel so rubbish today because of grief or relapse. My MS always seems to be more difficult to manage when the seasons change - I don’t know if it’s down to air pressure? or the clocks changing? - and my symptoms (fatigue, cog fog, balance, mood, bladder) are more pronounced this time of year anyway. I know stress is a major factor for me, but I don’t know what to do to dampen things down.

I’d be grateful for any tips or experience you can share.

Dani x

Hi Dani

I am really sorry to hear of your loss. I can’t really help as I am not yet dx but hopefully this will bump you up onto the first page where someone will be able to reply.

Oh sweetie, I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my Nan over 20 years ago but I do still shed tears for and miss her.

I can’t offer advice as I look like ppms but grief and shock are no doubt playing their part… hugs

Sonia xx

Oh sweetie, I’m sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my Nan over 20 years ago but I do still shed tears for and miss her.

I can’t offer advice as I look like ppms but grief and shock are no doubt playing their part… hugs

Sonia xx

Hiya Dani - really sorry to hear about your Nan, I lost my Dad in July and its been a tough year, I do take cipralex (10mg) for depression and it certainly helps me get through the dark days of winter and probably helped me through dad’s passing but I did shed a good few tears and it is good to mourn the loss of a loved one. My advice would be give it a while and talk to us on here whenever you want, plus go and see your gp because, for alot of us MS can be worse at this time of the year, when the days are shorter plus less sunlight for us. ((((( ))))))

Oh Dani I am so sorry to hear about your Nan, and it takes time to go through the grieving process, so it is obviously a stressful time for you.

Be kind to yourself Dani, take one day at a time (((((((hugs))))))

Pam x

Dani, Sorry to hear about your sad loss. Nans are very special.

To keep myself upbeat and positive l take a high dose vitd3 and vitb12 and the magic ingredient LDN. Works well for me - keeps a smile on my face - ln fact l think l have become quite outrageous as l have got older. [66] And l have had SPMS for 31yrs.

l also do not eat grain - which cuts out bread/cereal/bisc/cake etc. l think carbs sap your energy - especially grain.

Your dog looks lovely - l have had some super GSD’s - and Rotties. Have two rescue rotties at the moment - we have just been out over the fields for a run. [l have a Tramper scooter] Did have to hose them down when we got back - then dry them off - but they will soon be sleeping it off in front of the wood-burner. ln a couple of weeks l am ‘adopting’ a puppy from Romania - from A Better Life Dog Rescue. She has cream fluffy coat - slightly darker ears. Born without a tail - well just a little stump. Going to be a large dog. So nothing like my shepherds or rotts. She is a type of mountain/herding dog - found deserted in the mountains. One of four bitch puppies - 3 without tails. She is awaiting final rabies jabs etc. lts going to be more work for me - especially with the cream long coat -but they do give you a reason to get up out of bed in the morning - and unquestionable love and devotion. And at my age - l have to consider that most dogs live about 15yrs.

But they do help with stress and sadness. - Keep your chin up love - Your Nan would not want you to be unhappy.

Best Wishes

Fx

Oh Dani

I’m so sorry to hear about your Nan. I lost my Granny over 30 years ago and I still miss her, she was definitely one of a kind and I bet you feel the same way about your Nan. There’s a special bond between us and grandparents. I made Christmas puddings a few weekends ago and it brought back memories of Granny making hers and we all used to stir and make a wish. You never forget all those special times.

The next 6 weeks or so are the hardest time of the year because the days have drawn in so much. It’s dark when we get up and dark again before teatime. I know it makes me want to hibernate and my fatigue is always worse at this time. I always have an afternoon nap before cooking tea but it’s getting harder to drag myself out of bed to make the tea at 5 o’clock. It’s also hard to get out bed at 7 in the morning and it’s going to get worse before it gets better :frowning:

I agree with you about stress although I seem to have a delayed reaction on this one. I hold it together for ages and think I’m doing well and then BAM, it catches up with me. Last year, I my mum died, then I moved house and then a very dear friend went to prison. I thought I was holding it together really well until March this year. Then I had two relapses back to back … The thing is how can you avoid stress? It’s always there and we can only try to stay calm.

Like the others said, keep coming on here and talking. A problem shared is a problem halved and all that … We do understand and we can try to be there for you

Tracey xx