MRI and lesions

Hi, I read on certain forums that MS lesions tend to only appear on MRIs after about 6 months. Is that true? I had a variety of neurological symptoms that started in January, and had MRIs (brain and full spine) and EVP (sensomatory) in late May. Everything was clear, but now I am thinking that maybe it was far too early to see anything? The brain MRI used a contrast agent. Thank you in advance!

I don’t know, my symptoms began over Christmas with tingly hands and feet and developed into full blown numbness in my entire body by January and they could see my lesions when I had my MRI in February (with contrast dye)??

If this is any help to you… I also had neurological symptoms for only one month before a full brain and spinal Mri was done which came back clear. When I asked the neurologist the very question you are asking the response was as follows…

it it is highly unlikely to have the type of symptoms you have without lesions showing. It is far more likely to have no symptoms but with brain lesions. Far from having symptoms but no lesions, the norm would be to have lesions but no symptoms. Told me he has known lots of patients who have had Mri for different complaint other then neurological but find that they are lesions consistent with MS. Don’t know if that helps. Others may say different but that is 100% what my neurologist said…