Missing hand

Hi woke up the other morning not with the usual pins and needles, which I know people without MS get, my first thought when I woke was I have no hand! It was completely numb…very scary. Was I just unlucky and slept heavily or was it MS symptom. Thanks x

hi joanne

that was extreme pins and needles!

just your hand felt completely dead.

hope you’re ok now

ms keeping you on your toes

carole x

Thank you Carole, I get pins and needles most nights/mornings, this was awful, took ages for the pins and needles to kick in. I couldn’t get out of bed because I felt lopsided…very very odd. X

Yes Joanne, I can share that one with you.

Makes the limb feel bigger than what it is. At least that’s what I experience.

xx

That’s it exactly Blossom! It’s like a comedy hand from a cartoon. I have asked my friends and none of them knew what I was talking about so I thought I’d check here. thank you xxx

I hope it won’t come to this, and was just a one off, but I had completely numb feet for months when I had the relapse that led to my diagnosis.

Movement was unaffected, but I swear I could have stepped on a drawing pin and not noticed!

Not feeling pain seems like a bit of a superpower at first, but wears a bit thin when you realise you get no warning you’re injured, and not just pain, but everything has gone - you can’t tell if your feet are wet, if they’re properly in contact with a step or not - all kinds of things.

Tina

Oh god no, it was hard enough getting out of bed. Spent the day with feeling ever so slowly coming back. Very distracting! I have numb patch near knee. Didn’t know it was there til the neuro test. Last relapse put paid to that. Numbness moved round leg and settled in a different area. I must say it is the weirdest sensation. I just can’t imagine living with a numb limb xx