Mandatory Reconsideration

is that right as i am 67 was told i cant apply for AA as i get PIP.

Well you could apply for AA instead of PIP. But there is no mobility component to AA, so assuming you get at least the standard rate of the mobility component of PIP, then you’d potentially be doing yourself out of money.

I suppose it all depends on your circumstances and current PIP entitlement. If you get no Daily Living element of PIP, then you’d possibly find it easier to qualify for AA for care. But you’d lose any current or future entitlement to the mobility component of PIP.

If however, you qualify for at least the standard rate of Daily Living and Mobility for PIP, then I wouldn’t even think about changing. Given that our prognosis is to deteriorate rather than improve (irrespective of what the DWP seem to think), your future rate of pay for both could only increase (or remain the same if you get the enhanced rates) rather than decrease.

Sue

I think the DWP have the wand of improvement for MS. Just because they don’t let us use it, doesn’t mean they’ve not got one. That must be the answer to why they think we improve.

Sue