Malala the Snow Leopard

I have just changed my profile picture (I know there’s a special word for that beginning with ‘a’?) to a photo of a snow leopard born at New York Central Park Zoo and named after the wonderful girl Malala. So my picture is in honour of her.

How is everyone doing?

I actually got out on my scooter today!!! Actually counted how many items of clothing I was wearing… 10… takes so long to put it all on and then take it all off again! But was worth it. Had a nice time scootering around the shops.

I hope everyone is doing ok and that we all have a nice peaceful weekend!

Keep warm,

Pat xx

2 Likes

Have to reply to my own post so you can see Malala.

Pat xx

2 Likes

Hi Pat, Great isn’t it ! i’ve been out in my power chair, I feel tired but happy so good to have some independence. In Northwich there were loads of people on scooters its good to feel we are not alone, there is a massive army of us out there.

Love Michelle x

2 Likes

Lovely avatar Pat, i saw some salopettes when shopping the other day but forgot to get them before I left the shop. They are great for keeping you warm in the winter months.

Jan x

2 Likes

Forgive my ignorance but who is Malala? I’ve noticed a lot of appeals over the last few months to help save the snow leopards and always reminds me of you!

I bet you could hardly move with all those clothes on!

Pauline xx

2 Likes

Hi Pat, Malala is beautiful,great avatar,pleased you got out on your scooter, i havent ventured out for a long time,i am waiting for the weather to warm up a bit,before i do…i just cant get motivated at all …

J x

2 Likes

Hi Pauline, Malala is the incredibly brave girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban in Pakistan because she went to school.

She was airlifted to Britain where her life was saved and she now lives in Birmingham. She speaks out against the Taliban and about the importance of education for girls.

She won the Nobel Peace Prize last year.

If you want to know more, google her. She has a book out called ‘I Am Malala’.

Pat xx

2 Likes

Hi Mrs J, believe me that was the first time out for ages!!!

My main motivation was the need to get some cash… but once I was out I enjoyed it.

Pat xx

2 Likes

Love the picture Pat. Scooters definitely make a huge difference. My dad loves his and probably wears as many clothes to get out on it but to see him smile like he does buzzing all around the village is priceless. Enjoy it.

Cath x

3 Likes

Oh yes, I remember now cheers!

Pauline x

2 Likes

Love your new thing beginning with A

Nice name Mala

Don Xx

2 Likes

Lovely new A thingy photo Pat!

Nina c

2 Likes

Lovely PIC Pat, named after such a brave girl.

Pam x

2 Likes

I too was out yesterday on my scootertake care, be safe, keep warm. M

2 Likes

Hi Pat, a very uplifting post. I’m personally fighting not to end up in a chair, because I refuse to let go. I feel like I need to convince myself. We have to adjust to a whole new way of thinking & seeing the world. Great to know how the simpler things appeal.

Thank you for sharing your positive vision & have a great week.

1 Like

Hi again Pat. Thank you!

The I Am Malala book, is a book well worth reading. I’m not great at reading personally, but your description of the story of being airlifted to Britain & her extreme courage & belief for equality in adversity. Definitely shows what can be achieved with Great support & compassion. It’s no wonder she won the Nobel Peace Prize. Thanks for sharing. Malala gets a smiley face sticker from me. Just goes to show the power of an Education. It makes all our problems pale.

Thank you to Pauline, for asking the question too.

It gives us Hope. Light in the Dark!

1 Like

Hi Michelle, the image of an army of wheelchairs, independence. happy faces, feeling good in Northwich, with good company, is a nice one. I tend to see pictures in words. It makes me think I’m losing my marbles. The anti depressants help, I think. Peace!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Puddle for lovely post.

Pat xx

1 Like

Hi again Puddle, while I understand your wish not to end up in a chair, you need to understand that actually wheelchairs and mobility scooters give us back our independence and are liberating!

When mobility becomes so bad that we aren’t able to go out or go out on our own, then a wheelchair or mobility scooter is a wonderful thing!

It takes a while to get over feelings of fear about using them… but as with so many things in life, once we get over the fear we are free.

The first few times I went out on my scooter I felt very self-conscious and was nervous and didn’t enjoy it at all. But then one day I went out, did some shopping, stopped for a coffee, chatted to a couple of people… and it was only when I got home that I realised that was the first time for ages that I had been out on my own and had a great time!!!

Since then I’ve never looked back. My scooter is the best thing I ever bought. It is my freedom!

Pat xx

2 Likes

Ah, I was about to ask where Malala was, then saw your reply to yourself. What a beautiful creature she is!

Glad you were able to get out for an enjoyable look abaat…been watching Mickey Flanagan…yeh I know he is very rude (I’m a naughty girl), but he is soooo funny…‘caught a geezer peeping!’

You might not have the foggiest as to what the chuff I’m talking about, eh?

I am doubtful that I will get my weekly jaunt again, if we get snowed in like last week. Grrrr…stir crazy!

Love Pollx

1 Like