Malala the Snow Leopard

Hi, SnowLeopard, Lovely message, Id love to read the book, i’m going to get my husband to get it for my kindle.

I’m completely with you on Powerchairs and Scooters, i never thought i’d say this but i love mine, i was never going to get one i hated the idea, I wanted to walk again… but Iv’e found its so liberating being able to go places by yourself, in my case with Frazer (assistance dog) I hated being pushed in the manual chair, it made me feel so helpless like i was in a pram it felt like a real role reversal when my older children pushed me, they were always good with me but for years id pushed them in the pram and now it was me.

Hope everyone is okay Michelle x

1 Like

I love my scooter too Pat,i hated being pushed in a w/c(couldnt self propel) so had to be pushed i only used it a few times and felt soooooooooo self concious,i said i would rather never go out again…if i had to rely on a w/c

so i decided a scooter would be better, and it was,i felt a bit silly on it first few times,but nothing as bad as i felt in a w/c…ive got my ‘up yer kilt’ sticker on the back and away i go lol…my family call me Madge, cheeky bu****s, i think i might dye my hair brown, instead of blonde though…lol

J x

1 Like

Your Message made me laugh Mrs J,

I hated the wheelchair felt soooo self conscious as well like the weird woman in the chair! my children always said i was weird before i got the chair … i always said weird was good Maybe even Cool ??? but i didn’t feel very Cool in the manual chair, The first time i tried the power wheelchair was on the motability shop car park it was one that they lent out, they told me to keep it on low speed but when they went back in the shop Lee ( husband ) said…lets see what it can do! and we whipped it up to full speed, i whizzed round that car park i felt like i was flying! it was fabulous and afterwards Lee said to me he hadn’t seen me laugh as much in a long time, The next day he when out and bought me the same model, its funny he said he knew i was ready … and he was right i still have my NHS one it in the garage just incase the power one breaks down, but i’d hate to go back to being pushed.

Hope everyone is okay. Take care Michelle x

1 Like