making continous clicking sound from mouth

Hi Everybody, thanks for reading this. This is to do with my Daughter Sarah, who has Primary progressive MS, is aged 34. She has gone thru all bad things that effect you when you get MS, and now is permantely in a wheelchair and now has a pubic catheter. She can only say one word at a time, she has difficulty in showing how she is feeling, we must push her to get a word from her. We are now having problems where by Sarah is most of the day making these clicking sounds from her mouth, and the only way to stop them is to give her some chewing gum. But we are concerned why this is happening. Do hope someone outhere may have a similar concern. Thanks for listening. Chris Brennan (On behalf of Sarah Painton)

nice and touching story…

Realizing that I am responding to your post 5 months later, this thread caught my eye. My Fiance, aged 32, has also been diagnosed with PPMS, is wheelchair-bound, and requires frequent daily intermittent catheterization. My Fiance can be quite talkative, at times, but the slurring of her speech makes all but very basic vocabulary damned difficult to understand. Recently (perhaps the last 3 or 4 months) she has also been making these clicking sounds. Though not all day and not every day, these clicking episodes seem to be increasing in frequency and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why. If you, at some point, receive an explanation as to what they are or why they occur, please do let me know. I promise to do the same.

Thanks