Mail online Atossers

Tried 3 times to post link without success. First page Mail online- lady declared fit for work dies 8 days later. Absolute criminal this poxy govt.

Frankly, it doesn’t surprise me that Tories do this sort of thing, but I do find it shocking that society allows them to get away with it. I took the exert from The Mirror.

A double heart and lung transplant patient died just NINE DAYS after the Government stopped her benefits and ordered her to go back to work.

Linda Wootton, 49, was on 10 prescription drugs a day, suffering high blood pressure, renal failure and regular blackouts.

Yet Atos – the private firm carrying out the Government’s controversial work capability assessments – ruled she was fit enough to find a job after she was interviewed.

Cost-cutting officials sent Linda a letter telling her that her £108.05 a week employment and support allowance was being stopped as she lay dying in a hospital bed.

Her husband Peter said: “I sat there and listened to my wife drown in her own body fluids. It took half an hour for her to die – and that’s a woman who’s ‘fit for work’. The last months of her life were a misery because she worried about her benefits, feeling useless, like a scrounger.

“But there was no way in a million years she could work.”

We all know that Atos are only interested in meeting their target and fulfilling their contract so they can get all those lovely millions of pounds. If this government have set the ridiculous criteria which Atos are using then everybody involved in that are all thoroughly incompetant individuals with not a brain cell between them. A child could do a better job. Disgraceful ludicrous decisions are being made and the people who can’t fight back are being targeted whilst the real benefit cheats who should be targeted are still out there laughing at everybody … Oh and so are Atos.

Disgusting but not surprising, what more can I say!

ATOS the new Lourdes

You are ill but your are cured and you are fit for work

John

So let’s have another try to post the URL

but do please read the whole article.

There is a list of questions “Some of the questions Mrs Wootton is likely to have been asked by Atos” which - if correct - would seem to have very little to do with fitness to work. I say “if correct” because it is a Daily Mail article after all; one key figure is not well defined (the appeals data) and there is no interview, or reported attempt at an interview - with Mrs Wooton’s MP - Mark Francois - who just happens to be a Conservative with (always assuming you believe his website) a special interest in Healthcare. But don’t take my word for this, visit

and form your own opinion.

Geoff

I don’t know why but I am speechless [ a very rare occurance]. I am so angry after reading that report, thanks for posting it, I can’t even begin to express myself in a reasonable manner!! How does the ability to own a mobile phone, drink alcohol and watch television demonstrate being fit for work??? So as a society are we saying that inorder to be ‘classified as disabled or ill’ we need to become a ‘vegatable’ with no social interaction at all? Even more infuriating is the assumption that we are only deemed to be unwell if we lose the ability to spell five letter words and do the easiest maths questions ever.

I wonder how that job interview would go??? ’ I would love to work for your company, however, there are a few things you should know I struggle to walk more than 20yards without a rest, I suffer from extreme fatigue and may fall asleep at my desk and you need to position me close to a toilet because I suffer from bladder problems. On a positive note I can spell world, read the paper, divide 80 by 2 and discuss The Apprentice from last night. ‘You’re hired???’

Angry and disgusted in equal measures.

Helen