Lumberpuncture

Well done Nadine - it’s over with now and you can forget about it. Hope you feel OK! Teresa xx

Well done Nadine, sounds like you didn’t get the best NHS service, but you are through it now, so congrats

I had mine in a treatment room, which also doubled up as a storeroom, I lay there for 5 hours as people came in and out looking for bits of kit. I became the unofficial bladder scanner monitor ‘the short blonde nurse took it about 5 minutes ago’

Hope you don’t get any side effects and can relax for a bit

I agree with Sarah, if I had to chose, I’d have a LP over an MRI any time!

Glad it went ok for you, fingers crossed its the first and last one! x

Hope its the 1st and last! Don’t think I’m over the fear of needles yet!!! Thanks again everyone! Nadine x

Hi Nadine

Glad it went well. I had mine done as an inpatient and was wheeled back to the ward before I could lie down. Half an hour later they brought my tea and I was hungry so I propped myself up just a bit in bed to eat and then laid flat for the rest of the evening. I still had the headache from hell. I hope you escape that as I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Tracey

Well u guys weren’t kidding! This really is the headache from hell!!! Ouch! :cry:

Well u guys weren’t kidding! This really is the headache from hell!!! Ouch! :cry:

Oh no :0(

I am sorry to hear you are suffering.

Hope some painkillers can help, although i was told to avoid asprin, not sure why?

Hope it does not last too long for you.

Laura x

Forgot to say, i was told to drink lots of fluids.

Also if it does not improve within 2 days i should go to GP or A&E and tell them about the LP. xx

Sorry sammy22 I haven’t had a chance to come on and just saw that you had asked what the coca cola does - I think somebody answered it in my absence but it replaces the caffeine that you loose from the CNS fluid. I had heard it mentioned on here prior to my LP which was middle of last year and also my consultant and the hospital in London actually recommended it too. I had a nightmare LP but thankfully afterwards got no headache.

Hi Nadine

Sorry you have the headache. Drink lots of fluids, especially caffeinated fluids, lie down as much as possible and take painkillers. Hope it goes soon.

Tracey x