Forum

limboland

Hi im new to this site, can anyone tell me if lacunar infarcts be mistaken for ms leisons. I’ve been having lots of symptoms over the last few years pain in left eye, blurred vision, a stabbing pain in my ribs on the right but can sometimes be on the left side. Feeling of tightening between my shoulder blades, I have an essential benign tremour but also have this internal buzzing in my body all over usually when I go to bed. Feeling of discomfort in my diaphram like I can’t quite get my breath so force myself to yawn so I can take a deep breath in and trouble swallowing my own sliva usually when im in bed. Memory problems too…The reason I ask is I went for a mri last year that my neurologist said its suggestive of lacunar infarcts diffuse hypersensitivity in whit matter of brain.he said its down to an hypoxic brain injury as the year before I went for an operation and had pulmonary heamorrhage post op and was quite unwell. The cause was never found why I sufferd this…6 months later I went bk to my drs as I wasnt feeling myself and had memory problems and he gave me an mri just to rule out anything which said suggestive of lacunar infarcts…I feel like I’m not getting any better and now getting a weakness in my left arm like ive pulled a muscle and cant quite lift my arm up so far. I’m still seeing the neurologist but have to see a team from the rehabilitation centre which has a waiting list for 18 months…ive tried a few medications but nothing seems to be working I was put on amatriptalene but these made my headaches worse and felt dizzy on them now trying pregablin to see if this will help. Just wondering if you ms could be mistaken for infarcts thanks for reading my rambling lol…

I’m no expert on MRI scans and before now I’ve never heard of lacunar infarcts, but having just googled them and read up about it, it seems unlikely they’d be mistaken for each other because of how it would show on scan. MS lesions on scan are distinctive and present anywhere in the brain. It seems lacunar infarcts are caused by blockages in the bloody vessels the branch off from the main cerebral artery. As I said, I’m no expert but I would imagine that to a neurologist these would look totally different on scan…