Legs!

Hi Handbag, I think it’s like a lot of things… he just has to reach a stage when he decides for himself.

He is right that you should try and keep mobile for as long as possibe… but as you say, if he pushes himself like that he will make himself ill. I always use my scooter when going out shopping but try to have a little walk every day, either up and down the short street where I live or up and down the corridors in the building I live in (with walking stick). Pushing myself further than this would put me in bed for days at a time!

Perhaps you could find a local MS group that meets (there are lots of local MSS groups that usually meet every month). If he met other people who use mobility scooters he would see them in a different light.

In meantime perhaps try not to push him too hard. Like many people (men?!) it might make him even more stubborn!

Take care,

Pat x

Hi handbag…nice tag!

Whenever I see a bloke in a chair, being pushed by a woman, I feel it must be worse than t`other way round. I think this way because traditionally the man is the stronger, the provider, the protector in a relationship.

Having said that, we are all here for each other come what may.

Do you think he would feel better in a leccy chair or scooter? That way he would have some independence.

I understand his reluctance to go for wheels, but it neednt be all the time, just for long days out or when a lot of walking is needed.

I have always been a strong advocate of taking up wheels. This is because I had so many serious falls, before i got my wheels and know how dangerous that can be.

I hope your man can find a way round his wheelie worries.

luv Pollx

Hi Handbag

, know how you feel, my husband mark has been struggling the last few months and there is no such thing as a pop to the shops. Mark to has been made fun of due to his walk and the way he talks he has been accused of being drunk as well which does not help. He did use a wheelchair the other week when we went to Thomas Land but was very frustrated by it all and did get short tempered at times but it was so much easier for me and meant that he could join in the enjoyment to. It is hard to know what to do for the best, but I think you have to let them sort it out for themselves and just be there for them. It is so hard on everyone but be strong. Mark is coming to accept things more these days but he as had a couple of years to sort his head out as he puts it, it is hard for a man I agree with Poll they like to be the strong protector.

Take Care

Johanne

Hi Handbag

, know how you feel, my husband mark has been struggling the last few months and there is no such thing as a pop to the shops. Mark to has been made fun of due to his walk and the way he talks he has been accused of being drunk as well which does not help. He did use a wheelchair the other week when we went to Thomas Land but was very frustrated by it all and did get short tempered at times but it was so much easier for me and meant that he could join in the enjoyment to. It is hard to know what to do for the best, but I think you have to let them sort it out for themselves and just be there for them. It is so hard on everyone but be strong. Mark is coming to accept things more these days but he as had a couple of years to sort his head out as he puts it, it is hard for a man I agree with Poll they like to be the strong protector.

Take Care

Johanne

i never wanted a scooter but realised how selfish i was not going anywhere with my husband, ive used one for

7 years now and we go everywhere. ignore rude ignorant morons, they have no brains. lol

Teresa, Irarely post on here, last time it was to sell my FES and I did manage to sell it, I think I am going to visit more often

You dont need to say but may I ask where abouts you live and how old you are if that is not too personal

also on this site are you able to privatly message people? any help greatly appreciated, have a lovely evening everyone x

Dear Anon, I can’t of course speak for Teresa (although I feel sure she will agree with me), but personally I think you’ve got a damn cheek coming on here as Anon and then asking a user personal questions!

Why should we tell you how to private message people when you don’t even show who you are?

Suggest you either come on showing your user name or go away (polite way of saying what I really mean).

The use of ‘Anon’ is to post about ‘sensitive issues and topics’. Please see ‘house rules’.

I am not Anon… I am PatB.

I am very sorry, I am not used to this forum and I wanted to help Teresa out, I am not an expert on forums and neither do I spend all day on them. I am qute upset and a little shocked at your rudeness

I am not ready to post my name as I am very sensitive about my condition at present

Would somebody kindly advise me whether you can personally message through the site, if you can then OF COURSE I will give Teresa my contacts, if not then I will contact the webmaster to ask

thankyou

You must understand that coming on a forum as ‘Anon’ and then asking about where a woman lives and her age can come across and very creepy. We don’t even know if you’re male or female. I am sure you did not intend it that way, but you must see it from others point of view. Think about it.

Also, by coming on as Anon we cannot ‘private message’ you, but you ask us how to send a private message. Can you see how that might make people feel?

I don’t wish to upset you but you need to think about how sensitive and vulnerable other people might feel on a public forum, esp when someone ‘Anon’ is asking personal questions.

Pat

This is what I was asking “ADVICE” on private messaging on this forum and if it was possible

I have NO “creepy” intentions what so ever,

it is a shame that there are unfortunatly some people on these forums that seem to “rule the roost” and assume that what they say goes! it is people like this that frighten off poor individuals to joining in with conversations

I am now unsubsribing so any reply will not be read

enjoy your day

[quote=PatB]

You must understand that coming on a forum as ‘Anon’ and then asking about where a woman lives and her age can come across and very creepy. We don’t even know if you’re male or female. I am sure you did not intend it that way, but you must see it from others point of view. Think about it.

Also, by coming on as Anon we cannot ‘private message’ you, but you ask us how to send a private message. Can you see how that might make people feel?

I don’t wish to upset you but you need to think about how sensitive and vulnerable other people might feel on a public forum, esp when someone ‘Anon’ is asking personal questions.

Pat

[/quote I must say i agree with Pat here. You have asked personal questions on an open forum. You want to send a pm to Tree65 but she couldn’t do the same to you as you are anon. Before sending a pm to someone and asking such questions you need to build up trust on here. I hope you can join in discussions and benefit from advice/support that is available. Pat did not mean to be rude or insensitive but my thoughts were exactly the same when i read your post. I found it a little ‘creepy’ also.

Teresa.

Thanks Teresa.

My apologies to fellow PPMS users. We so rarely (ever?) have a problem on this board.

I hope Anon can return. The last thing I would want to do is alienate someone with PPMS, but at the same time I did find the post worrying.

Pat x