Legs.. What's left of them

Hi folks I don’t really post very often but I hope you won’t mind me letting off some ms steam… It’s my legs, the pain foot drop trembling numbness constantly pushing through knee high wet sand while dragging the freezing cold concrete blocks otherwise known as feet and more frequently I’m getting the feeling that a thick band is wrapped around my thighs pulling tighter an tighter and it makes my steps get smaller cos it’s harder to open against it to walk. Does that make sense? Please say it does, anyone? I know what’s happening to me. I’m wise to the ways of ms. It doesn’t stop it from scaring me though! Thanks for listening (reading) :confused:

Hi there, You have explained it really well. I never know how to explain it nor can I be bothered. Went to homebase yesterday and i pushed the trolley. By the time we filled the trolley with garden stuff and pushed it out to car. All I can say I was sore, legs like lead and absolutely knackered. I watched while my husband did all the garden things but he did a good job. Yes you made perfect sense and it scares the hell out of me too. Take care. Magsxx

Yep perfect sense I can manage a few steps with my zimmer. In fact the doctor just called, she was in the area and had recieved a letter about my new tazinidine regime and thought coffee with me would be more fun than doing paper work she never had a coffee but did put my mind at rest.

My legs are rubbish the MS nurse has all ready recomended Baclofen Pump but I want to try tablets rather than surgery.

Don

Yes, what you have described makes perfect sense. to me, and lots of others I expect, and its surprising how better it makes you feel to get it off your chest, and here we do understand, so rant away.

Hope today is being kind to you, take care.

Pam x

Thanks for your replies. It’s not good you all are also suffering but it’s good in the way I’m not the only one & the crazy symptoms make sense to others. I’m definately feeling brighter today Pam. It’s been a nice day, a trip to the hairdressers always gives me a boost :slight_smile: I’m picking up my new motability car tomorrow aswell, it’s my first time adaption - left foot accelerator an obviously an automatic, which will be a new thing for me. Always been manual gearbox. How’s your garden looking Mags? I hope your ‘gardener’ is doing a good job? Don, I take baclofen tablets but not the pump. How does that work if you don’t mind me asking?

Glad you feel better, I agree having your hair done is always a good pick me up.

When I was still driving I had a left. and a right accelerator fitted, so you could use whichever leg was best, I found it really helpful, although when the car was put in the garage for not etc, we always folded the left one down out the way, just in case!

Hope you enjoy your new car.

Pam x

Glad you feel better, I agree having your hair done is always a good pick me up.

When I was still driving I had a left. and a right accelerator fitted, so you could use whichever leg was best, I found it really helpful, although when the car was put in the garage for not etc, we always folded the left one down out the way, just in case!

Hope you enjoy your new car.

Pam x

Hi Libertine, yes makes perfect sense to me… although I get the opposite in a way… it feels like my legs are being pushed apart… hard to explain… but just another MS weird thing! When I walk I feel like I’m walking on live electrical wires. No fun at all. So rant away… it’s good to know you’re not the only one with these things… and NO you are not the only one! Pat x

Likewise, Libertine. I found increasingly I could not make any backward steps or sideways ones. Three years ago I started to know there was something going on other than getting over the chemo I’d had the year before, when in the space of two weeks had gone flat on my face in the High Street having tripped on the tiniest raised edge of a paving stone, and then been blown backwards onto the ground by a sudden gust of wind. Important to get physio and do the exercises to maintain as much muscle tone as you can. Kev

Kev is right stretching and exercises are so important, and I think we’ve all had problems just getting our legs just to obey. I often feel like my legs just don’t match anymore, it’s weird how one can be so different to the other - even in this warm weather, I have a hot water bottle for the cold one, the other is hanging out of the bed to cool down!

Take care

Sonia x

Kev… I get that too! what is it with the backwards steps?! Something I didn’t realise I suddenly had difficulty doing until I was trying to step backwards to avoid falling. Didn’t succeed however (shocker) an ended up with a very sore bum & back… My right sides my cold & worst affected side Sonia. I sometimes feel/think my legs are almost forgetting how to function and are just thinking, hey let’s stop supporting this humans body. We’re away on holiday… To different locations - lefts away to Spain & rights away to the North Pole! Aw… If you don’t laugh you cry eh? Or do both…?? x

[quote=“libertine”] Kev… I get that too! what is it with the backwards steps?! Something I didn’t realise I suddenly had difficulty doing until I was trying to step backwards to avoid falling. Didn’t succeed however (shocker) an ended up with a very sore bum & back… [/quote] Exactly! Same here. [quote=“libertine”] My right sides my cold & worst affected side Sonia. I sometimes feel/think my legs are almost forgetting how to function and are just thinking, hey let’s stop supporting this humans body. We’re away on holiday… To different locations - lefts away to Spain & rights away to the North Pole! Aw… If you don’t laugh you cry eh? Or do both…?? x [/quote] It’s to do with myelination in the spinal cord, isn’t it? I always liken it to the Chinese whispers. Brain says ‘step back, left foot!’ And left foot says ‘eh? What was that? Stand still? Ok, I can do that!!’

Haha aye…

:smiley: