Just a chat

I don’t know anything about injections vs supplements other than my daughter’s GP told her that there was no difference (my daughter is B12 deficient). Quite a lot of MSers are B12 deficient, so I would guess that either would help any of us who is. Always worth getting a blood test for B12 (and for D3). Kx

Hey guys,

Yes my letter arrived yesterday and My appointment is on the 9th for my consultation, what can I expect from this? I am thinking they will make me do what the GPS have already done IE move this reflec that blood pressure bla bla but for a first consultation Any help appreciated.

I am calling evry day incase they have a cancelation.

Hi Karen,

I just wanted to share my positive experience with other people. I habd really horrible symptoms for 6 weeks, which were getting worse and worse. I took B12 and i immediatedly started feeling better. This is all very anecdotal I know but I just wanted to share my positive experience with other people and if other people have positive experiences I would like them to share them with me. I hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Adrian x

[quote=“bangorlad”]

Hi Karen,

I just wanted to share my positive experience with other people. I habd really horrible symptoms for 6 weeks, which were getting worse and worse. I took B12 and i immediatedly started feeling better. This is all very anecdotal I know but I just wanted to share my positive experience with other people and if other people have positive experiences I would like them to share them with me. I hope it helps. :slight_smile:

Adrian x

[/quote] I’m all for sharing experiences and I’m really sorry if you thought I was “having a go” or something, I really wasn’t. It’s just that we are all so different and MS is such an unpredictable, individual thing that it’s easy to hook onto things that we think are helping only to find out later that it was a coincidence. Like I said, I take B12 too - in the hope that it’s helping, but I have to keep those expectations low because there’s no evidence to suggest that it’s really making a difference to my MS. It does sound awfully negative - maybe I’m getting cynical with my old age! Karen x

Hi Tom and welcome ( although I know it’s a bit belated now…lol…)

Like you I think that life is far too short and that yes there are many others that are far worse off - there always will be. Staying postive is hard sometimes so I try to take each day as it comes.

The appt on 9th, is this with the neuro?

It’s best to jot down your symptoms starting with the worst ones - keeping the list as brief and concise as possible and remember to take it with you along with a copy for the neuro to go on your file! He’ll ask questions about your history etc, examine you and most likely order some blood tests.

Really it’s a case of playing the appt by ear but the more you can tell him the better - hence your list! It can help to take someone with you too - perhaps your wife?

Hope that helps

Debbie xx

Thanks Debbie, I check this site regularly so I appreciate your comment, there is no time frame ha ha.

I have a list of what started and when, I will makr down what is worse in order as well. Good advice, I am fine with blood tests, and the wife no doubt will be there, As my foot has go worse it makes it hard for me to drive without being a danger and thats wher I draw the line, I wouldnt want to hurt anyone. Plus side is that I live in hope that this still turns out to be nothing but regardless, I am prepared for anything. :slight_smile:

I will keep you all updated on my progress.

Rizzo, Wha you put is fine and I understand why you are saying that. You have been nothing but help to a lot of people so I am sure adrian just wanted to add it helps him. We are all in it together and you are right, what works for one may or may not for another but it is all information I have been able to use.

Love and peace to you all.