Jittery Leg?

Good Morning {even though it is raining here).

I’ve got a new and very annoying symptom this morning and wondered if anyone thinks it is an MS thing or if anyone has experiended it. My left leg, (which is my problematic leg usually for ms things) was feeling strange yesterday, very tight around my thigh and it was quite painful when I sat for any period of time. Today my whole left leg is jittering and very shaky and stiff when I stand or walk. . I had a bad attack of cramp during the night but this was only in my calf and foot muscles and did not reach my thigh at all. Could this other feeling be from the cramp or is it just a symptom of MS that appears? I seem to be collecting a whole new range of symptoms at the moment but I suppose its just MS keeping me on my toes (so to speak!)

I have just started to take amitriptylene (about 4 days ago) if this makes a difference, but I don’t seem to be having any of the expected side effects yet!

Thanks, Lilbill x

hi Shell, thanks for that - I’ve bought a new diary this year for this exact reason! My ms nurse also told me about an excellent ipad ap (My MS Manager) which is also useful to record all the wierd and not so wonderful things that this cr**ppy disease thows at us! I’ve just got to remember to take it with me when I have a neuro appointment, thats the tric ky thing!!

I used to take quinine sulphate tablets for the cramp problem, but I was getting very breathless (could have been my renal probs though) so my GP took me off them, back to cramps! I will try the tonic water (minus the gin due to meds!) to see if that has any effect.

Thanks for the reply, Lilbill x

Apart from gentle stretching, I find magnesium helps and worth trying before stepping up to the more serious drugs.

http://www.nhfw.info/magnesium.html

I get this too - I’m supposed to be ‘right handed’ but that is the side which is affected (at the moment) - gone are the days of ‘playing rugby and jogging all along St. Andrews beautiful beach’ (http://surprise.visitscotland.com/explore_scotland/the_kingdom_of_fife/fife_beaches.aspx)

Whammel thanks for the tip but I need to check with my renal nurse as to whether I am allowed magnesium supplements. Seems sensible though

Marcus, I am right handed too so I am very pleased most of my symptoms are left sided as I would be useless if my right hand was as useless as my left one is! We visit Scotland most years, and went to St Andrews a couple of years ago when staying in Edinburgh. We usually go further north, Oban or the Highands and Inverness, but missing a visit this year.

Thanks again, Lilbill x

[quote=“Lilbill”]

hi Shell, thanks for that - I’ve bought a new diary this year for this exact reason! My ms nurse also told me about an excellent ipad ap (My MS Manager) which is also useful to record all the wierd and not so wonderful things that this cr**ppy disease thows at us! I’ve just got to remember to take it with me when I have a neuro appointment, thats the tric ky thing!!

I used to take quinine sulphate tablets for the cramp problem, but I was getting very breathless (could have been my renal probs though) so my GP took me off them, back to cramps! I will try the tonic water (minus the gin due to meds!) to see if that has any effect.

Thanks for the reply, Lilbill x

[/quote] hi i have just tried to find this app but it didnt come up, are you using it at moment ,

Hi, Shirleymoss, even though the app is called My Ms Manager it only appears if you search with mssa in the ap store. It is an iphone app but works well on my ipad. It is free at the moment though my MS nurse had to pay about £5 for it! Hope this helps Lilbill x

My legs shake and 2 weeks ago they use to shake uncontrollably, when I use to stand up my legs would shake that bad that the rest of my body would shake! My legs would go stiff aswell. I had trouble walking, it was horrible! My MS nurse said its probably a UTI and that I need to go the Dr’s before I see them. I did have a UTI but only a slight one, I still dont know why my legs went like that, whenever ive had UTI’s before ive never had symptoms where its been so difficult for me to walk. I was given anti-biotics to get rid of the UTI which has now gone and my legs have eased a fair bit.