Isonaizid used to treat tremor

Does anyone have any experience of this? Was on it for a week and had to stop taking it as my tremors became worse :frowning:

Hi Princess135,

Iā€™ve just started using ā€œTizanidineā€ today to try to address tremor in the right-hand & arm so much too early to say whether itā€™s any good - at least it doesnā€™t seem to be causing any adverse side-effects so far ā€¦but itā€™s very early days as yet ?!!

The other medication I was aware of (ā€¦but never tried) is ā€˜Clonazepamā€™.

Iā€™m afraid I hadnā€™t heard of ā€˜Isonaizidā€™ before this post, but if neither my neuro nor GP even mentioned it, Iā€™d be inclined to believe they were less than convinced of itā€™s effectiveness (ā€¦or the drug is so new that they had no personal experience of it as yet ? )

Maybe one of the other meds would suit you better ?

Good luck!!

Dom

Sorry Princess135,

Further to my previous post, Iā€™ve just looked up ā€˜Isonaizidā€™ and it seems to be a medication aimed at Tuberculosis (TB), so Iā€™m a little confused as to why you were believing it would help tremor ?

Were you diagnosed with TB and did your GP believe ā€˜Isonaizidā€™ would help ?

Dom

Itā€™s a trial really which Iā€™ve stopped today. Tremors are much worse and Iā€™m spaced out!

Just like Dom says, Isonaizid is an anti-TB medication (one of the standards, in fact), and one of its known side-effects is peripheral neuropathy. That could account for your increase tremor.

While it is not considered dangerous, some of itā€™s other side effects are not so nice.
Like Dom says, what were you prescribed it for?

Geoff

Iā€™m SPMS. Not got TB