I need some help.
I am 30 y.o. male. I had Hep C. Successfully treated in the beginning of 2009. I am living a moderately healthy lifestyle. I do yoga 2 times a week, I also do jogging and exercises. My farther had MS.
I have been having some MS symptoms for a while and I am now really worried about my health status. I will explain everything in detail. I need your advice.
- I noticed some transient (2-10 sec) ringing in my ears either left, right or both. It started back in 2009 maybe. It may come and go. Sometimes 1-2 times a day. Sometimes it does not appear for quite a long time. Recently I have been having them almost every day 2-3 times.
- . In autumn 2012, while working in the office (usually I work 5 days a week 8 h per day) I started noticing that my left hand kind of gets numb, but so subtle that I can not call it numbness. I still have the same response to touch and pain as in right hand, but it kind of feels that it is weak. This was not a disturbing symptom, but I got it noticed. It feels like my left hand’s movements are not as precise as they used to be.
- In the beginning of April 2013 I started having light tingling in my left leg. Since then it is worsening and now it became quite disturbing. E.G. I am having troubles falling asleep when it tingles. It comes and goes. I really started stressing out. This tingling or paresthesia can come at any time and it does not depend on my body and legs position. Sometimes it can increase when I cross my legs. And it is only presented in left leg.
- The last week of April 2013 I started developing fatigue and depression. Depression may be due to the fact that I realised that the symptoms may be an MS. The fatigue usually comes after few hours since I am awake. Sometimes at 2pm sometimes at 11am sometimes at 3pm. It is overwhelming and affects my productivity at work. This fatigue is not connected with any of my daily activities. However, it may be more severe when I am at work. That was the primary reason, why I went to hospital.
- I also have problems with sleeping. Usually I can sleep 6-10 hours depending on my choice. Now I wake up at 6-7 am and can not fall asleep anymore. Sometimes I sleep only 6 hours and wake up with no more desire to sleep.
I was lucky to find a hospital with MS department straight away.
So all this symptoms brought me to a hospital, where neurology has a special MS department. I spent 6 days there. They made MRI with and without contrast, Lumbar Puncture and Evoked Potential tests.
MRI Brain: No pathological changes in brain MRI
MRI Cervical: No pathology
Evoked potentials: Hands and Feet - clear. Eyes P100 test showed that my left eye has 106 and right 107ms. So it seems within a normal range (I read in some sources that everything unto 114ms is normal. However, the docs said that it may indicate some demeilination, but it is not MS specific to have this 106 and 107ms latency. So they are in doubt about this.
Lumbar Puncture will be ready next week.
They found extremely low Vit D - 9.8 microgram/ml. Some of the doctors say that it may be the reason for the symptoms.
Doctors so far did not give me any diagnosis, but they said that they would like to see me in their clinic again.
I need your opinion. I am so worried now. Do these symptoms sound like MS?
If the Lumbar Puncture will be clear from O bands, will it mean I do not have MS?
Can these symptoms be stress or anxiety related?