Is anyone on Avonex

Hello everyone, I have seen the MS Nurse today and we have decided for me to start on Avonex. It is not what I was advised to try by my consultant but my MS Nurse said its my decision in what to take. I was wondering if there is anyone else on this and how they are getting on. A very difficult decision especially having two young children (5) and (2) but need to do it. Many thanks M x

Best to post on Everyday Living for this I think - there are more people on there who take DMDs.

I hope it works out well for you.

Karen x

Hi,

I’ve been on Avonex for 7 months now and I think it’s great! The autoinjector pen is really easy and although the injection is an intramuscular one it’s really not very sore…honest!

I got the flu-like symptoms for the first couple of weeks and felt pretty rubbish even after taking Nurofen but now the Nurofen manages any aches and pains I might have, I have noticed that I still don’t sleep quite as well on the night I take the injection though.

I think I made the right choice but it’s maybe not for everyone.

Good luck!

Lynn

In my book,if you did your reasearch into all of them and chose Avonex then it is the right thing for you to do at this time.

If things change in the future then you can look at your new circumstances and make an informed decision again.

No outcomes are certain in any part of life,you do what you think is right at the time and go happily on your next part of the journey.

At least by starting dmds you know you are trying everything possible to restrain the beast so that you can be the best mum possible for your little people.

Hope all goes well

Pip