I'm lost and scared; on my own. Can anyone chat?

Hello everyone.

My first time here.

I’m terrified of what might be ahead. I don’t have a diagnosis, but the symptoms are pointing to a bad result. I’ll be having blood tests tomorrow to rule out other things. I tried both the local group numbers, but all I’m getting is an automated message.

I have no-one and I live on my own. I am 67. I’m thinking about what I might have to do if I get a diagnosis. I won’t be able to live with this.

Just reaching out, I don’t know why.

Thank you,

Cathy

Hi Cathy

I am 63 and was diagnosed RRMS the week before my 50th (happy birthday?).

I live with my husband and 2 grown up sons (aged 33 and 34). I am medically retired.

Now listen up Cathy. You will live with your diagnosis! You are tougher than you think, after all you must have faced hard times in your 67 years.

You say that you’re thinking about what you might have to do if it turns out to be MS. Well you will deal with it!

I will send you a pm (private message) so that we can chat properly.

Take care

Carole x

1 Like

Hi Cathy, I’m more than happy to chat to you.

I am 68…69 in October, meaning 70 next year…OMG how did that happen.

It took 22 years to find my diagnosis…it’s rare spinal PPMS.

It progressed really quickly. But what I can tell you is that even with a diagnosis of MS, you can still enjoy life.

What symptoms do you have?

Boudsx

1 Like

Hiya Cathy, I messaged you.

I’ve had MS symptoms a long time and currently awaiting a scan.

I spoke to a Neurologist only a few weeks ago so hoping to get answers soon, I to live on my own, family don’t understand which is very frustrating!

Love Karen XXX