Im back at work and in lots of pain

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed after having my son. I have just returned to work after nine months maternity leave and I am in so much pain by the end of the day i can hardly walk home. I have been on two different pain killers but they make me feel really woozy so I can’t take them in the daytime any longer.

Is there another way I can manage this pain?

It is in my legs, feet, hands, arms and back. Sometimes I try to convince myself that it is not MS and just being a new mum with a different body now, but the other day I didn’t think I was going to be able to walk when I stood up.

Please help :frowning:

Lisa x

hi lisajane

what kind of work do you do?

what is your workstation like?

i’m asking because appropriate seating/work bench come under “reasonable adjustments” which your employer is obliged to provide under the Disability Discrimination Act 2010.

many aches and pains are due to our posture which has been affected by our ms.

also don’t rush about, if you feel woozy, stay seated and safe.

CBD oil can help, just 3 drops under the tongue.

it doesn’t help everyone but may be worth a try.

carole x

1 Like

Thank you Carole. I was wondering about CBD.

I run a shop so I am on my feet most of the day. I need to be stricter with myself and make sure I have more time sitting down.

I haven’t told my boss about my diagnosis. I have epilepsy too, which has made me miss work in the past and I don’t want him to think that will happen more often now that I have a second disability.

Do you buy your CBD over the counter or get it on prescription?

Big thanks for your reply again and take care, Lisa x

hi again

i buy CBD oil online from CBD Brothers.

they sell it on the market at a Vape stall but it is quite weak.

the one from CBD Brothers is stronger.

carole x

1 Like

I agree with all Carole’s suggestions.

The law does not require an employer to make reasonable adjustments to cope with a disability that the employee hasn’t told him/her about. Only you know how the land lies at work and what makes sense in your work context. But if it is possible for you to let your employer know that you have MS - one of the few conditions that qualifies specifically and automatically under the Equality Act 2010 - that might be helpful to you down the line - for instance if you then came up with specific ideas for making your working life more sustainable.

Good luck.

ALison

1 Like

Contact Access to Work; your problem is why they exist Access to Work: get support if you have a disability or health condition: What Access to Work is - GOV.UK

Lots of help available; perhaps taxis to and from work?

George