Ill Health Retirement

I left the NHS in 2006 due to Psoriatic arthritis. I decided when I got my diagnosis of MS to apply for my pension. They responded within days of my application to say it had been accepted. Wish I’d done it sooner.

Me too Blossom!!

Shazzie xx

the work place is a fickle beast at the moment with relentless emotional battering if you are seen to be weaker than others, so I am sorry this is happening to you too. I was finished on ill health in August from the Financial sector and fighting for my pension and not winning, its only small but its better than a poke in the eye. I have been accepted on work related ESA so will see what other jobs are out there once this runs out. Good luck with what you decide.

I’ve got an appointment to see the Occupational Health doctor tomorrow. I’ll be happy to know where I stand with how I’m being treated. Luckily I’ve got the day off tomorrow anyway so by the time I see the dreaded manager again on Thursday, hopefully I’ll be in a better position than I’m in at the moment.

Lynne

Good luck for tomorrow Lynne. Hope the meeting goes well. Noreen. :slight_smile:

Hope the meeting goes well. Good luck with it.

Be thinking of you.

Shazzie xx

Good luck Lynne - hope you get the outcome you are looking for.

Good luck with the apoointment.

Let us know how it goes hun.

pollyx

Just got back. The doctor has very supportive. He said the hours I’ve been asked to work are far too long each day. He’s going to recommend a reduction in duties whilst I recover from this relapse, much more support or redeployment. He also said that if they tried to dismiss me, an employment tribunal wouldn’t be impressed. So I think it went well. I doubt if my manager will like the report though.

Lynne

Excellent news Lynne…very happy for you :slight_smile:

Great news - onwards and upwards.

Yay! Great news Lynne.