I Could Be Moving

Like Pat says, hang in there!! I will keep everything crossed for you.

I moved to a bungalow and the difference is amazing!!

Be thinking of you.

Shazzie xx

They came back with another offer this morning which I knocked back and they came back with another which I have neither accepted nor declined. Found out though that the bungalow I wanted was sold last month but I’m going to view another on Tuesday which has no chain, is a lesser price and has a shower cubicle and no bath. All this stress and my dropped foot is affecting me walking. I tripped up 3 times on the pavement the other day. Stairs are simply not the way forward. My selling price is therefore dependant on my buying price.

Mr G, good luck with the viewing… hope it’s perfect for you.

Your potential buyers sound like they really want the house. Let’s hope the bungalow is perfect and you can accept their offer. Sounds as if it could be a quick move!

Best of luck… and the sooner you can get through this and de-stress, the better.

Moving house is right up there with divorce & bereavement in terms of stress… so get as much help as you can… and get as much rest as you can.

Pat x

Hope it all works out OK for you Mr Grumpy! Teresa xx

Hi Mr G, What a massive stress for you , I am sorry. Hope the new bungalow will be perfect for you. Hopefully once you’ve seen it you can give your buyers an answer or at least the minimum price you can accept. Once again GOOD LUCK! Hang on in there…it’s all such a trauma but it will come right in the end. Speaking from experience …had 35 moves including 2 overseas! Absolutely hate it but it always falls into place eventually. Hoping I will be in this little house for ever and ever. Take care Mr Grumpy…hope there’s no more falls Nina x

Lay in bed this morning dithering, asking myself can I really be bothered with all this stress. My place is up for sale for 2 reasons: it’s a 3 bedroom semi and is too big for little old me. The second is that I want to rid thoughts that the ex lived here. I’ve already put my own stamp on the place by using my PPI refund to get the heating totally changed. I hate change and is me moving a knee jerk reaction to the ex leaving me?

Hmmm Mr G… it’s a tough one.

Yes it’s possible it’s a knee jerk reaction… but on the other hand a move could really be a great new start… so even if it’s a knee jerk reaction it still might be a good, positive thing.

Also, I’m assuming you have stairs. They are most probably going to become a problem at some point, if they aren’t already.

When I took the decision to move into sheltered housing it was because I could see problems looming in the future, even though they were not big problems at the time.

I had a 6th floor flat and the lift was frequently out of service… and I was already struggling with stairs. It was quite a way from the shops and I was already taking taxi’s to get home.

So seemed a good idea to move before these problems became… well, more of a problem. And I’m very glad I did.

I think really you are in the same situation. Your 3 bedroom house is big to heat and keep clean. How long will you manage the stairs? Also, as you say, it is full of reminders of your ex.

At some point in the future you will probably have to move to a bungalow. So why not do it now? After all you’ve already got the house on the market AND you have a possible buyer.

The move might be even harder in the future, esp if your MS progresses (which it might not… but being practical you should plan in case it does).

I really understand you not wanting to bother with the stress (believe me I know!) but you are going to have to do it at some point… so I would advise you to do it now. Bite the bullet, gird your loins, hang on in there… and any other daft expression… and move!

Sorry for long post… hope it didn’t put you to sleep!

Pat x

Your reply Pat was very informative and helpful. It didn’t send me to sleep and I’m more than grateful.

Yes, my house has stairs but it also is well presented which I should credit my ex for. It therefore needs nothing doing to it as I’ve had the heating changed.

I do feel that since she left, my condition has worsened which is down to stress and have to look to the future as you say.

I’ll see how viewings go this week and try to remain positive.

Many thanks.

Hi, you are doing the right thing in moving…even tho` it is very stressful.

My daughter and her 2 girls have just moved from a big semi, with a large garden (doubt there was room for a pony tho`), but it reminded her too much of her nasty ex. Her new place is a smaller terrace house with a back yard.

he got his settlement and she got the house, but didnt want to stay there.

She is happy as Larry (whoever he is?) and says it isnt a house, it is their home`.

Quite right!

Good luck with the viewings.

pollx

I agree with Pat Mr G.

I also think it is a good idea to move before things get too bad, that’s if they do get worse.

Moving is always stressful but imagine yourself all settled in a lovely little bungalow that makes your life so much brighter. A new start too!!

Change can sometimes be tough though.

Shazzie xx

Mr G I’m with Pat all the way too. A new start in a practical home is an excellent idea. It will probably be cheaper to heat, no memories but most of all single storey living is not a minor consideration with ms. You’ll probably be more inclined to rest when you need to as you don’t look at the stairs and feel guilty. And you can do something with the second bedroom like computer room as you’re more likely to spend time there if all on the level.

Let us know how the viewing went.

Cath x

I’m with Pat and the others all the way! I moved to single floor living in 2007, so very glad I did it then. Once again, good luck Mr G. Nina x

You guys really are great counsellors!

I had all but decided to give up the ghost but you’ve made me look into the future. Needless to say I’ve cancelled the viewing for this afternoon as at the weekend I checked where the street was in relation to the estate and I’ve called it off based on location, location, location. I’d feel a bit of a recluse as friends and family weren’t close by.

I’ve told the agents to tell my potential buyer that I can’t do a quick sale as I’m back to square one as I’ve nowhere to go. There is a bungalow up my street that I’m viewing tomorrow that isn’t on the market as the resident has died and the sons have just got probate.

Apparently there’s a lot of work needs doing on it but at least I know the area.

Oh that sounds interesting. If there’s work you’ll get it at a good price and then could really put your stamp on it.

I know it’s a long-shot but have you thought of advert in local paper? ‘Bungalow wanted to buy’. Sometimes there are people who are about to put a property on the market who will respond. Worth thinking about.

Let us know how it goes tomorrow,

Pat x

Still got my fingers crossed for you Mr. Grumpy, cos one level living has been a godsend for us.

Pam x

The place I’ve just been to see is minging so it’s back to the drawing board. Australia’s sister is coming back on Friday to take more pictures now that the heating’s finished so my buyer is still interested.

Shame about the place you went to see but really good news about the buyer. Nina x

Really good news about buyer, is there a local newspaper that advertises property, there are often more houses in there not on the internet. Slightly run down bungalows often appear and the prices are realistic. Worth a look, fingers crossed for you.

Cath x

Time to ponder.

My next door neighbour has just put their link bungalow on the market. Is this a step sideways but I’d make more than enough to pay for alterations. Not a kind of place I’m looking for but they’re few & far between, Plus I more than know the area and neighbours.Question is, do they have somewhere to go? Only cheeky questions will get me the answers.

While I’ve got a buyer, this is a chance that I may have. The buyer’s sister has been this morning armed with her camera.

Go for it! Go and speak to them asap!

Pat x