hiding?

at the bottom of the page it says 11 users online.9 registered,1 hidden and 1 guest. whats the point of hiding? spudz

‘cause you can jump out and shout "boo!’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Image removed by Moderator]

i’m into hiding sometimes because there are days when its nice to hide away from the world and being named as being online sometimes feels invasive. if you’re online it seems rude not to reply to peoples posts even if you dont have the energy or the mind to reply. i do try especially though to reply to anyone who’s not been replied to even if just to offer support and bump up their post. its very silly i know but thats how i feel. best wishes mandy xxxxx

jobryz wrote:

‘cause you can jump out and shout "boo!’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And this why we need a “LIke” button Belinda

My profile is permanently hidden. This way I can browse the boards without being “on view” and I don’t feel compelled to answer posts out of courtesy etc, It also means I can stay logged in permanently without looking like I have no life! And when I get an email alert I am already logged in so I go straight to the post I want without having to log in every time and then navigate back to the forums. That drives me nuts. So for me it is a convenience and a privacy thing. So now you know that Guest = Brog64. Hmmm, seems I have blown my cover :smiley: Cheers, Belinda

Someone stated quite recently that during an assessment with ATOS-DWP: the individual was informed that the assessor regularly visited this website to ascertain how things are developing on the MS front. So be careful. Someone may indeed be hiding. Your words could damn you.

telemetry wrote:

So be careful. Someone may indeed be hiding. Your words could damn you.

If you are foolish enough to use information that accurately identifies you on this site then the assessors probably could use the information but I am sure most people are computer savvy enough to choose user names that hide their true identity. I hardly think Brog64 hidden or unhidden is going to unmask me! And even if an assessor DID identify someone all the person would have to do is deny it. There is no way of proving that an individual in cyber world is the same person in the real world; unless there were illegal and dubious hacking methods going on and then the information could not be legally used any way. I don’t think people need to too fearful in that regard. Belinda

telemetry wrote:

Someone stated quite recently that during an assessment with ATOS-DWP: the individual was informed that the assessor regularly visited this website to ascertain how things are developing on the MS front. So be careful. Someone may indeed be hiding. Your words could damn you.

I would have been pleased if my ATOS assessor had been interested enough in MS to want to know “how things are developing on the MS front.” The assessors are medics so keeping up to date is important, good to know this site is used as reference for continious learning. (BTW when I had an ATOS exam the doctor I saw was kind enough to take me to one side before I left and give me some tips on the use of garlic capsules) Clarexxx