hemiparesis dealing with daily life!!

Any advice on dealing with this daily. Im phisio every day .but still struggle with weekness… and fatigue…

I have more damage on one side than the other too. It’s frustrating when the left leg grinds to a halt, when there’s still some mileage in the right! Many of my relapses – most I think – have been bilateral, but the right side has tended to heal better.

1 Like

Ow sorry to hear you are struggling alison … i was just wondering if you have more motor function loss . Is that a worse prognosis than say . Optical neuritis… as in progression i know i should not diagnose myself lol :blush: just my damaged brain wondering again . Azz always :rofl:

Search me re prognostic factors. One of my earliest relapses did involve loss of strength in the left hand, and I do recall reading that this is not a terrifically encouraging start. What would be an encouraging start to a life with RRMS, I really can’t imagine:all MS activity is bad MS activity and I prefer to avoid it. For me, this involves lot of things, the single most important one being taking the most effective DMD offered and available at the time.

How are you doing?

1 Like

Yer im startlng ocruvis this month. Sticking to my physical activitys but worried about adverse reactions tbh. and having my body shut down.im very sensitive.:rofl: lol not me. my immune system… to loads of things ie antibiotics and other things . Loads noing my body .anaphylactic shock is my super power when my body dont want to be helped … but i know its for the best … for my kids wife and me .

1 Like

That is good to hear. If the highly-effective DMDs like yours and mine had been available when I was first diagnosed in 1999 I would be in less trouble now, I feel sure. But never mind: we do our best with what’s to hand at the time, and that’s exactly what you are doing.
Good luck with it. I hope that your system copes well.

1 Like