Forum

Help :S

Hi guys, It’s rebif night and I’m not sure if I exceeded the 35 degrees Celsius can I still take it? What should I do? Xxx

Where are you, that it’s hotter than 35 degrees? I’m assuming you’re not in the UK? Or have you left it on top of the oven or something?

Tina

I’m in the uk, I left it on the mantle peice above the fire :frowning: what should I do? :frowning: cxx

Oooh, er… Yes, it might have gone over 35 then, I guess. Have you got a house thermometer (not the clinical variety) that you can check how hot it gets on the mantlepiece?

I’ve never used Rebif, or any of the DMDs, but personally, I think I wouldn’t take it if in doubt. If you scrap that dose, have you still got another dose to replace it, or has your entire stock potentially been exposed to the high temp? If you have enough to get by, I’d scrap the possible dodgy dose, and use a fresh one.

Tina

x

I’m currently on the tritation at 22mgs at the mo, I think the onyly vials I have I’m the fridge are 44mg’s :frowning: I can’t believe I did it! I was only 1 dose in

As you’ve literally only just got started, I can’t think missing a single dose this early is likely to cause an instant relapse. Doesn’t it take quite a few months to build up to full effectiveness anyway?

I think just chalk it up to experience, chuck the “suspect” dose, and get onto the appropriate people in the morning, about arranging a replacement. Did they really only give you two doses at the titration dose, and then expect you to go all the way to 44? That sounds like a rather fast ramp-up! Are you sure no more 22s in the fridge?

You’ve probably gone to bed now, anyway. I’m not sure what the safety implications are of taking it if it got overheated. I don’t know if it would harm you, or just render it inactive. You wouldn’t want to chance the former, and if it’s the latter, it’s no different to missing a dose anyway - why inject yourself with something that won’t work?

I honestly don’t think it will cause major repercussions that you’ve had this slight blip getting started. Get it all sorted out tomorrow, and then start again.

Tina

x

I thought it was actually 25 degrees max?? That’s what I was told for when we go on holiday next year. If I’m right, then I’d definitely not use it! I actually don’t believe it would hurt you if it was damaged, more that it is rendered useless as a medication. Hope you get it sorted x

It is actually 25degrees max so it’s likely it will have gone above that hun. But don’t frett its early days so this obe missed dose I’m sure won’t matter. Ring rebif support or your m.s nurse and ask there advise hun. Try not to worry though you’ve only juat started these mistake happen. Hope other than this you’ve been okay on your rebif x

[quote=“Anitra”]

As you’ve literally only just got started, I can’t think missing a single dose this early is likely to cause an instant relapse. Doesn’t it take quite a few months to build up to full effectiveness anyway?

I think just chalk it up to experience, chuck the “suspect” dose, and get onto the appropriate people in the morning, about arranging a replacement. Did they really only give you two doses at the titration dose, and then expect you to go all the way to 44? That sounds like a rather fast ramp-up! Are you sure no more 22s in the fridge?

You’ve probably gone to bed now, anyway. I’m not sure what the safety implications are of taking it if it got overheated. I don’t know if it would harm you, or just render it inactive. You wouldn’t want to chance the former, and if it’s the latter, it’s no different to missing a dose anyway - why inject yourself with something that won’t work?

I honestly don’t think it will cause major repercussions that you’ve had this slight blip getting started. Get it all sorted out tomorrow, and then start again.

Tina

x

[/quote] Hi Tina, thanks for your replies, I’ve been on rebif for just under a month, I got given to vials of medicine that had the 8.8mg an 22mg’s in so I’d have 4 weeks I think of them doses before 44mg if that makes sense? :confused: I’m must worried they won’t be able to deliver me another vial as I’d need to take today for missing yesterday’s dose. :frowning: I’m so angry with myself!! Grrr! Xxx

Hiya

I’m not sure how much help this is but, when I started Rebif, I started straight on the 44mg dose, no taking less and building up to it. I think I was quite lucky in that I didn’t notice getting any side effects ( I was mid relapse though so felt rotten anyway). Can you not just carry on as planned, getting to 44mg slightly sooner. They tend to deliver the next lot before you’ve run out, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

If not just missing one out completely won’t do you any harm. Just try not to do it all the time.

A little tip for you. Instead of putting the injection above the fireplace to warm it up, hold it in your hand or put it in your bra for 5 or so mins, it’ll take the chill off it enough to use without getting too warm.

Sue

x

Thank you to you all for your supportive replies :smiley: I rang my support line and they said to get rid of it and pop a new cartridge in, the device would know to carry on the tritation! Took it tonight (: up to 44mg on Thursday! :frowning: and yeah 25 :stuck_out_tongue: I dunno why I wrote 35 haha! Just have been tired :stuck_out_tongue: xxxxzz