Forum

Hello everyone

Hi I’m Diane the forgetful 1 I’m new to all this only got diagnosed last year changed my life completely any help or advice will be gladly appreciate thanks in advance

Hello Diane. How are yer ? Welcome to the party… Any help and advice in particular ? I only do stoopid, but some people on here are awesome ! Take care, Andy

Thanks Andy. I’m okay today. Little exhausted after short walk with my dog. I just can’t get my round how this disease has knocked me for six. Real bad fatigue problems. Only walk short distances

Hi Diane welcome to the club we’re very nice so ask us anything you want, I generally leave it to the eloquent ones to answer as I’m not much good at it but I always sympathise even if I don’t answer.

Jan x

1 Like

Thanks Jan. I to am one of the quiet ones but if I can talk to people and share my experiences through this terrible stage of my life then I will. So big thanks

Welcome Diane from another quiet one. :slight_smile:

Hazel x

Thanks Hazel x

Hiya Diane & welcome to the mad house. There’s all sorts in here, licorice & fruits & sherbets & jelly tots. Don’t be scared off by anyone, we’re a friendly bunch & there is honestly nothing that hasn’t already be discussed so no matter what your questions - ask away & don’t worry. We’ve all been there, we know what it’s like. Hope to see you again. Take it easy x

welcome diane

you are among friends here

kim x

Hellllooooooo x

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

advice for a noobie…?

• take your time coming to terms with your diagnosis. there is not a schedule for you to feel ‘comfortable’ with your new badge.
  • if you are RRMS, take notes to record signs of a relapse; include as much info as possible such as what happens, what gets better / worse, what context they occur in (moments of stress, poor dietary choices, major life events) etc. such notes are useful for when seeing a medical bod, or to just reassure yourself that things aren’t as bad as you might think!
  • get on a DMD and get on one now.
  • live life to its absolute best. do not eat food that is advertised on TV or comes pre-made. sleep lots. avoid stress. pamper yourself completely and constantly.
  • know that MS is not a death sentence and that there is nothing in life which must now come to an end.
  • ‘normal’ people get exhausted too. embrace the opportunity to exceed your limits. but do not be shy to rest and recover adequately.
  • positive mental attitude can beat all other things. if you have people that want to pity you and wring their hands, i would bid them farewell.

GOOD LUCK!

Hi there,

i was diagnosed in Asia, went to the UK for an extra ‘OK, you have MS,’ diagnosis. That was in 2000/1. I have been on Rebif since 2000, without nasty side effects. It’s not the end of the world as you know it, but it can feel like that sometimes.

I live in rainy, foggy Galicia now, and it’s been brilliant. It doesn’t rain every day, in fact the sun shone today and tand it was too hot. The flies are hell though. I went back to work last year. I teach singing at a Rock School franchise. I have had my 4th yearly relapse this year and it sucked. That’s one relapse every. 4 years. Not bad for an old drug and oldIsh diva.

I read this site each day and the Bart’s blog and also science based medicine. That seems to keep me well informed.

I recommend avoiding sites where they swear that ms doesn’t exist. Not all neurologists are idiots. Diet and exercise help and vitamin D3 as well. Avoid junk foods. I’m drinking gin and water now. That’s not exactly healthy I know, but I’ve been working. I’m lucky. I know that and try to keep fairly quiet about it. I feel the guilt of the MSer who can still walk.

it can be difficult being positive, It’s a good place here. It’s safe too.

Hugs from me

KinGalicia

1 Like

Don’t ever feel “the guilt of the MSer who can still walk”. I spent years telling people that I was relatively lucky in that I could still walk. These days I can’t, I’m slightly envious of those people who can walk, but really only because most of them aren’t aware of their good fortune. All you need is to be aware of your ability to walk, value it, do what you can to maintain it (ie do what exercise you are able to do) and enjoy. Don’t feel guilty. I’m happy that many people can have MS for years and be relatively untouched by disability.

Sue

1 Like

Thanks for all your warm welcomes and advice. I try to keep an open mind to it all. There’s things I’m still learning like I’m not physically able to do the things I used to. Fatigue, anxiety.

It’s ended my football career… :wink: Even at 43, I still harber a longing to play for the yellas… :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, just need someone to chat to.

Go on Bolt, what’s wrong ? You have several ears here to listen…

I just need someone to talk to too! Jackie