hayfever

someone posted about anti-histamines last week.

clemastine and another one.

they had a dramatic effect on her ms.

they appear to promote remyelination.

i want to ask my doctor about them but i cannot remember the name of the other anti-histamine.

clemastine and …

It might be this thread.

I just did a search on Clemastine. The answer is Symptoms improving after starting on Metformin and Clemastine - Everyday living - MS Society UK | Forum … Metformin

Sue

Metformin is a drug used to treat type2 diabetes and has some not so lovely side effects, so if you go on it ask for the slow release version. Most complained side effect is tummy upset which includes very loose bowel movements the tablet is also known in the diabetes world as mega fart in so be warned :slight_smile:

thanks sue

thanks also horsemad for the warning!

hope my doctor agrees to let me try them.

i have a constant sniffle and i know it’s not a cold.

Try Fexafenodine. It’s great. Good for itchy eyes too. And no diarrhoea or farty side effects.

Sue

[quote=“Ssssue”]

Try Fexafenodine. It’s great. Good for itchy eyes too. And no diarrhoea or farty side effects.

Sue

[/quote] Metformin is not a hay fever treatment so if that’s what it’s required for it wont be prescribed. As I understand it the combination of the two drugs mentioned were used to treat MS not hayfever.

Good point. I got stuck on the antihistamine bit.

Sue

1 Like

oh bugger

i thought it would be easy to get prescribed.

suppose i will have to ask my neuro.

who i haven’t seen since my diagnosis 10 years ago.

lesson learned - no easy fix!

Can you not just take the report into your GP and ask him to prescribe the combination if it’s for your MS? If it’s for hay fever then you can by antihistamines over the counter or have them on prescription.