Feeling really down again.

Hi, I hope everyone is doing as well as possible. I didn’t really want to have to post this on here, but I literally have nowhere else to turn. Some of you may remember that I posted way back in January about feeling really depressed. Well for the last few weeks I have started to feel really down again, even more depressed than last time. The strange thing is that there is no trigger this time. Everything else in my life is going ok, apart from feeling poorly with my crohn’s disease. I feel really unstable, like I am on the edge of having a breakdown. I seem to be spending a lot of time crying and feeling utterly hopeless and utterly broken.

I just don’t know what to do anymore. I am trying to get the money together to see the mental health team privately, but I don’t know how I am going to do this, as I can barely afford to pay the bills and my PAs. There is no point in refering myself back to the NHS mental health team cos they weren’t interested back in January, so I doubt they will be interested now. Really sorry to post on here, but just had to let it out, lots of love Bex xxx

Can you not just see a GP who can give you an anti depressant? NHS mental health teams are no good so if you can afford it then private is he way to go. But if you can find a good GP who can work with you to get you on the right medication that would be a start. Don’t give up xx

I have been antidepressants for the last 6 years. Am now on to the 3rd tier ones cos none of the others have worked. Am currently on reboxetine, but that doesn’t seem to be working. I think it’s something more serious than depression. I have a friend who used to be a mental health nurse. She thinks I have bipolor, but I can’t get anyone to take me seriously xxx

Hi Bex, Sorry to hear you are depressed again. What is your view as to ECT, it could be the answer.

Hi Bex,

Hugs and sorry to hear you are feeling down.

Have you been in touch with your local branch of Mind? I sometimes attend monthly group meetings with my local branch. The staff are very knowledgeable about local mental health services (NHS, charity and private). The branches often run activities for wellbeing such as gardening and craft groups etc.

xx

Haven’t heard of them. Will have to look them up xxx

Hello Bex.

I’m sorry to hear about your recent depression. The Mind charity is well worth a look:

I’ve not used them myself but any help is going to be good.

I’ve focused on a few small things which seem to be giving me a better sense of worth. For example, there’s very little left of me working well but I now take much more care about my hand writing when making use of my essential notebook.

I’m also going to a physio/day care centre once a week and actually talking to people. I’ve also been looking back at the creative I used when teaching and have created some children’s fiction. One of my teacher friends has been reading some to her clsass.

I’ve spent quite a bit on improving the kitchen so I can do a better job cooking. These are little things but they’ve really helped.

Steve. (((((((((((((((((((((((( :slight_smile: )))))))))))))))))))))))))

2 Likes

Hi Bex,

Don’t apologise, we’d be upset if you didn’t tell us that you’re feeling down.

There doesn’t have to be a trigger for depression, that’s called Reactive. There’s the other type called Endogenous which doesn’t have a cause.

I’m afraid I can’t add anything else. I just wanted you to know that I care.

Anthony xxx

3 Likes

Thanks xxx

The Crisis teams at local clinics can be great - if your gp refers you - antidepressants can work for alot of people but not everyone - good luck and don’t suffer in silence.

Got an appointment with the mental health team next wednesday. But seen as when I saw them in January, they were worse than useless, I don’t hold much hope xxx

hugs and holding your hand bex.

it’s awful when your heart really feels for someone but you can’t be close to them physically.

all i can do is try to beam a lot of love to you through the ether.

feel better soon

carole x

That’s so sweet of you. Thank you for your kind thoughts xxx