Fatigue

Hi

does anybody know if there is anything you can take for fatigue. I am really struggling with it at the moment. Any info would be appreciated .

xx

Amantadine on prescription which is an anti viral. It didn’t help me, but it might be worth a try. I’m sure some people will tell you it works for them.

Modafinil is the other drug that’s very good for fatigue, but it’s also very difficult to get.

Other than that, managing your fatigue should help - things like pacing yourself, and not overdoing it. For example, cooking a meal, from start to scratch can leave me pretty done in by the time I actually get to serving it up. But if I do the chopping in advance, then it’s much more manageable. And I usually cook double of everything, and have the leftovers the next day (or freeze portions, for an easy meal).

You may find it helpful to see if certain foods make things worse. I know now that things made with white flour like bread & pasta will quickly leave me feeling lethargic, as does too much carbohydrate.

I know that fatigue’s a proper nightmare though, so I hope that helps.

Dan

[quote=“Lou lou”]

Hi

does anybody know if there is anything you can take for fatigue. I am really struggling with it at the moment. Any info would be appreciated .

xx

[/quote] What are you currently taking, for any other symptoms?
I too was struggling with fatigue but I found out, by trial and error, that it was being made much worse by other drugs i was taking. In this case it was Gabapentin that was wiping me out.
Also, do you sleep ok?
I have diazepam to help me sleep properly and this also has helped reduce the fatigue.

It has not gone completetly but it is much more manageable now. I feel far more alive and active at the moment.

Hi Paul.

i was on gabapentin but it made my whole body shake. I am now taking Pregablim . I am due to see the consultant in October so will ask her. Have been to my gp today who told me there is nothing I can take for fatigue . I have a four year old so energy is something I crave!