Fatigue diary

Hi I’ve got the o t coming out later this month she said she’s going to get me to do a fatigue diary. I was just wondering if anyone else has come across one of these before. Neil

Yes, it was suggested to me once by an OT. I actually didn’t bother I think!

The idea is that you write down what you’re doing each day and how you feel as a result. With particular reference to how fatigued you are.

Basically, if you just feel utterly fatigued regardless of what you do, then a fatigue diary will probably have you feeling like having a lay down all day long just at the very thought of completing such a thing.

Sue

2 Likes

Thanks sue I think I’ll se what they say when they come out to see me.

the implication is that you can somehow work out what cause the fatigue and possibly with careful [planning do something about it. My experience is that the ‘fatigue’ ( why do we call it that?) comes randomly without any discernable cause for it raising its head and I have never been able to control or influence it.

The crippling fatigue is the worst part of this, for me. I’m exhausted by the time I’m up and dressed, and could just go back to bed again! Over time, I’ve learnt to do important things first thing in the morning, and leave non essentials for later, when I will either get around to them, or not… depends on day, weather, and everything else. Prioritise!! And don’t try to push through the fatigue… it will just flatten you for the rest of the day, and possibly the next day as well. And don’t ask me how I know that… tried it, but realised it just makes things worse. Listen to what your body is telling you and factor in a nap if you can.