Eyes zoning out and can't focus them

I’m just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me. I had a problem with effected both of my eyes. It was as if my eyes were ‘zoning out’ and I had to really concentrate to focus my eyes on anything. It just came on suddenly and hung around for a few weeks. I found looking at a computer screen really hard. No ON or nystagmus found and optician said 20/20 vision. The neurologist says nothing to do with the demyelinating lesions but I’m not so sure?

Hello and welcome :slight_smile:

I’m not sure, but could it be something to do with eye muscles? Eye muscles are controlled by cranial nerves and these can be affected by MS and other conditions. I’m afraid the only way to know for sure what’s going on is to see it in action: if it happens again, maybe ask your GP for a referral to a nearby walk-in ophthalmology clinic?

Karen x

Hi Karen and thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that my GP originally referred me to an opthamologist who couldn’t find anything so sent me to see a neurologist. I’m just wondering if I’m the only one who has had this problem or if I am the only one. I am beginning to dount my sanity!! It does make sense about the cranial nerves though.

Hi, I’ve had this several times, had it so bad at the weekend it made me feel sick as I just couldn’t focus enough to see properly.

I am the same, I went to the local cash machine to draw some money out and my sight was fine, then I turned around and it went blurred and I could hardly see anything and fell of the step into the road. Mine just happens without warning. I get blurred faces on the telly too. At the moment it is my worse symptom.

Thanks for sharing everyone and I’m sorry that you also suffer from this. Did you guys have the same in both eyes? I could focus if I tried but I had to try hard. I was a bit surprised that my neuro told me it wasn’t MS related. Have you been told that yours is caused by MS? In a bizarre way I hope it’s the MS, I don’t want any more problems.

yes mine is in both eyes and I am undiagnosed. All my Neuro says is there is something going on