Forum

even more Friday 13th antics

Me again..............so after we`d been to the circus (hospital) we went to Asda. Hubby just wanted a few bits. So then me and sis went in to look at clothes. I needed a wee first, so off we popped to the loo.

I got out of my wheelie and kind of hurled myself onto the pot!

i did the necessary....then...............I couldn`t get up. I,2, 3 times..nope, no good! I just couldn`t get the strength in me pins.

You see, the shoulder injury meant I couldn`t get the oomph with my arms.

What to do? Rang hubby, who was waiting for us in the camper, with Lucy who can`t be left alone, due to her epilepsy. (she had a minor fit last week) He cursed.............then came to my aid.

Up, no..up again...no. I was becoming increasingly tired by this this time.

So he stood in front of me, bent forward, I locked my hands round his neck..........and uuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Back in the wheelie.......ready to exit the loo.........there had been 2 attempts by other folk to use it! `Someone in` I shouted. They must`ve been a bit mutton jeff, like me, as they continued to rattle the door handle!

So what occured next? The chuffin` wheelie wouldn`t come on.....dead.......no power! Arrggh............what a lovely day I was having!

Hubby knocked the chair into manual and pushed me out to the corridor. he knelt on the floor, faffed with this and that, but still no joy!

2 lovely young men stopped to ask if we were ok. I said we weren`t...............hubby asked if they could help him push me up the van ramp.they obliged with such lovely smiles................burley firemen couldn`t have excited me more!!!!!!

Right, we get back home and I am hoisted into my recliner chair. i ring the breakdown service.  `Sorry, can`t come `til Monday`.

Hubby gets the manual chair out of the shed, dusts it down, gets rid of the spiders and brings it in.

10 minutes later, Russell, the lovely wheelie fixer arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!! `What/ Did you get told I needed you?` I asked.

`No, I`ve brought you some new armrests for your chair...It`s not working you say?` Straight away he knew what the problem was...........it seems, if you press on the on/off switch too long, the motor goers into disable (lovely word that, innit?)

So he jiggled the necessary and hey presto.........it was fine.

So, now to the armrests. I had forgotten that i`d requested firmer arms, as the ones on the chair were soft and didn`t give ,me the stability to hutch myself up properly.....hence the damaged shoulder.................yes, it all made sense afterall.

Now I am back to using my arms/legs to get me up to get onto loo. using the hoist everytime was already making my legs weak.

Lesson learned................I must keep my standing strength or I won`t be able to go out.................and no, I never got to buy any new clothes at ASDA. Do I need any?     nah, where does `need` come into a bit of retail therapy?

luv Pollx........