even more Friday 13th antics

Me again…so after we`d been to the circus (hospital) we went to Asda. Hubby just wanted a few bits. So then me and sis went in to look at clothes. I needed a wee first, so off we popped to the loo.

I got out of my wheelie and kind of hurled myself onto the pot!

i did the necessary…then…I couldnt get up. I,2, 3 times..nope, no good! I just couldnt get the strength in me pins.

You see, the shoulder injury meant I couldn`t get the oomph with my arms.

What to do? Rang hubby, who was waiting for us in the camper, with Lucy who can`t be left alone, due to her epilepsy. (she had a minor fit last week) He cursed…then came to my aid.

Up, no…up again…no. I was becoming increasingly tired by this this time.

So he stood in front of me, bent forward, I locked my hands round his neck…and uuuuuuuuuuuuup!

Back in the wheelie…ready to exit the loo…there had been 2 attempts by other folk to use it! Someone in I shouted. They must`ve been a bit mutton jeff, like me, as they continued to rattle the door handle!

So what occured next? The chuffin wheelie wouldnt come on…dead…no power! Arrggh…what a lovely day I was having!

Hubby knocked the chair into manual and pushed me out to the corridor. he knelt on the floor, faffed with this and that, but still no joy!

2 lovely young men stopped to ask if we were ok. I said we werent...............hubby asked if they could help him push me up the van ramp.they obliged with such lovely smiles................burley firemen couldnt have excited me more!!!

Right, we get back home and I am hoisted into my recliner chair. i ring the breakdown service. Sorry, cant come til Monday.

Hubby gets the manual chair out of the shed, dusts it down, gets rid of the spiders and brings it in.

10 minutes later, Russell, the lovely wheelie fixer arrived!!! What/ Did you get told I needed you? I asked.

No, Ive brought you some new armrests for your chair…Its not working you say? Straight away he knew what the problem was…it seems, if you press on the on/off switch too long, the motor goers into disable (lovely word that, innit?)

So he jiggled the necessary and hey presto…it was fine.

So, now to the armrests. I had forgotten that id requested firmer arms, as the ones on the chair were soft and didnt give ,me the stability to hutch myself up properly…hence the damaged shoulder…yes, it all made sense afterall.

Now I am back to using my arms/legs to get me up to get onto loo. using the hoist everytime was already making my legs weak.

Lesson learned…I must keep my standing strength or I wont be able to go out.................and no, I never got to buy any new clothes at ASDA. Do I need any? nah, where does need` come into a bit of retail therapy?

luv Pollx…