essential tremor

Hi ALL

Does anyone have essential tremors, if so, what do you take to stop the tremor ??? I have tried lots of different stuff by neurologist and none of them work

Would be pleased to hear from tremor sufferers

Katherine

Hey Katherine.

I take Baclofen however it needs time to get the right dose for the meds to work.

They help but it certainly aint a cure…

Charlie,x

Hey Katherine.

I take Baclofen however it needs time to get the right dose for the meds to work.

They help but it certainly aint a cure…

Charlie,x

hi,

Thanks not heard of that one, at the moment im trying topiramate.

Tremor in the hand is a nightmare when writing or making a cuppa

Katherine

Hi Katherine

I sympathise with you, as I have a horrible tremor. It used to be only in my right hand, but now the left as well, trying to eat is a nightmare.

I have been told that perhaps beta blockers may help, but have been put off by the side effects.

It’s like a catch 22, one thing may help a little, but then causes a different prob lem.

Hope you find something that helps, I will keep my eye on your post to see what info you get.

Pam

i have been on beta blockers for tremor/jerking right arm for about 3 weeks now.

Im tired anyway (which is a side effect of beta blockers) so I dont know now if Im tired due to all the neuro stuff going on, or due to the meds I take, however I was tired before I started taking them.

I take propranolol 10mg (so a low dose), and it has helped with the tremor although it is still there sometimes.

Good luck xx