Enough is enough

I have rung the doctors and asked for a doc to call me back. I can’t carry on like this, my head is a mess, I can’t think straight and I am pissing people off here and I don’t want to do that.

I’m so frustrated by it all and so so tired and just feel dumped. I am going to insist they do something or will go to a&e.

I need someone to help me.

Hi Nikkinakkinoo

I am so sorry you are going through all this and feeling like you are not being believed by anyone. I think it is disgraceful for your GP not to give you pain meds as surely that is an easy one for them to deal with, even without a diagnosis!

I have read your other posts and cant see you are pissing off people here at all. There are people here who want to help and support you, and I would feel like we have all failed you if you dont post here anymore!

I can only suggest that you go to A and E as I believe you will be assessed on todays symptoms (pain etc) and hopefully you will get a great doctor there who will actually do something to help you. Perhaps take someone with you who knows how you feel and help you?

Nikkinakkinoo, it sounds like you are getting depressed about this all (and no wonder why!) so I think you need to mention this too to any doctor you do see.

Please PM me if you need to as I am happy to talk anytime. I know how it feels to feel like you are not believed with very real symptoms… I have had a dx of Fibromyalgia for the past three years and now I have an Optholmologist and my new GP who believe I have been misdiagnosed and actually have had MS for a long time.

Please take care of yourself, and PM me any time.

Paula xx

(((Nikki))))

You’re not pi**ing anyone off sweet - we’re here to support each other.

Being in constant pain is debilitating enough and wears us down and you very clearly need help with that and your other symptoms.

If your GP isn’t listening then can you not see another GP at your surgery?

You’re not a fraud and right now you need some immediate help so go to A&E if needs be and take someone with you. Don’t be fobbed off.

Mail me anytime Nikki.

Let us know how you get on and don’t forget you can always call the ms society helpline.

Debbie xx

Hi Bob and welcome,

No, an LP isn’t conclusive in it’s own right.

For some people it can be the final piece of the jigsaw but for others it’s not and not everyone chooses to opt for the LP as it’s an invasive procedure.

You’ve not mentioned what your other tests/scans have showed or your symptoms but there are many things that can mimic ms type symptoms.

Debbie xx

Nikki you are not **** anyone off.

This is a support forum and you are at the end of your tether so it is an ideal place to rant.

I am sooooooo relieved you are taking the epilepsy meds.

I can tell how distraught you are,but you know the advise thats given on here regarding neuro visits and having your checklist ready.

I think you need to approach the gp in the same manner so he doesnt see you as an anxious patient and fob you off with anti depressants with no thought/help given in terms of addressing your pain or symptoms.

It many be because of your treatment that ad’s may help you cope, but aswell as looking into everything else,not instead of.

Kizzy has posted one of Rizzos ways to approach neuros on here to answer someone elses thread it may be worth having a read so you can get the most out of your dealings with the medics.

It really does sound like you need a new gp though.

All the best…and keep ranting on here.

Pip

Thank you Paula, Debbie and Pip. When I saw the neuro I did everything suggested here, took my list and went through it with him before giving it to him. He still just said oh well its probably just your age!!! He was running late and I only got 5 minutes. I didn’t mention MS to him as I didn’t want him to think I had diagnosed myself. Same with the GP.

I already take ad’s but am linited to what I can take as they affect my other meds. I have tried being calm and literate with the gp and it had no effect. I will have to see what they say this afternoon but I will not take no for an answer. I used to be fit, active and happy and I want that back.

Well I’ve spoken to a different doctor at my surgery and she was great. I’ve seen her the odd time before and she is really nice I had forgotten!! She was lovely and said it sounds neurological (no kidding!) and I shouldn’t have to put up with it. She has invented me a new appointment for Wednesday and in the mean time she is chasing up things at the hospital. I know I’ve still not got any meds but I feel one step closer and if I’ve coped this long I can manage to go until Wednesday. Thanks for putting up with my rants and sorry if I upset anyone Xx

Hi Nikki

1.You haven’t pissed anyone off hun. We’re just concerned for you. You’re entitlled to have a moan and rave. You just want help and I can really understand that. It’s horrible not being believed. My 1st neuro implied it a few times and I’ve had to be quiet blatant with him. My GP said your symptoms may be getting worse because of stress (felt like throttling him) but at least my neuro does think it’s something nheuro inflammatory and my GP has referred me for a second opinion.

I may not get any further but I just felt my first neuro no matter how clever he was didn’t listen to my symptoms or explain a thing because everything I had was on the mild spectrum compared to some patients.

All I’m saying is don’t give up. We’re all here to support you when you’re feeling low.

1. Phew! I’m so so pleased you’re back on your meds :slight_smile:

2. Great news this other GP at the practice listened. Thats all we sometimes need. Even though you haven’t got meds or a diagnosis just knowing that they believe you and are trying to get to the bottom of whats happening just is so much reassurance.

I really hope you get the help you need Nikki. Feel free to PM me anytime… rave, rant whatever you need.

Reemz

X

You haven’t annoyed anyone Nikki, we all wanna help honestly :slight_smile: please continue to come on here, in the least we can always offer virtual hugs! ((((hugs)))

xx

Your posts just say how you feel, that won’t offend anyone. This site is the only thing that makes me feel

at home. I am still in limboland but not nearly as long as other people have been. My anti-depressants are just starting to lift me up a bit which is hopefully going to help as the pain in my neck and shoulder

started again early hours of this morning! Keep your chin up and i hope you feel better soon.

sonia x

I can relate to your situation and do sympathise with you. I have had phases where I’ve had no control over how I feel and what to do.

It’s easier said than done but don’t let the incompetent health professionals attitude get to you, I’ve been looking for answers for sixteen years and still have to have to put up with some incompetent health professionals.

What worries me about your GP is why is he not prescribing anything to help alleviate your symptoms. Like others have suggested either change your GP or see another Dr at the surgery. Should you get no where then a visit to the A&E is definitely worth it.

Hope you get some help soon and you start feeling better.

Hi Nikki,

I just wanted to say thanks for saying it like it is! Im pre-dx at the moment too and I am soo fed up (understatement) with the GP’s I have seen.

I went to the doc today after having to leave work sick yesterday as was so exhausted i could hardly move, ive never felt triedness / fatigue like this before - what a rubbish name that is for it! I hit my bed and stayed there

couldnt face work today as awoke just as tired still, anyway the doc wont give me anything and told me to just rest! As if a rest will give the life force i need to carry on going… he said maybe you should cut your hours… mmm like i can afford to being a single mum and in debt!

some GPs just havent got a clue? i told him about the constant pain im in and said im eating paracetamol and brufen like smarties… he just said theres nothing i can give you for either? you have to wait to see the neuro first?

Lets hope i have the strength to make it through the neuro appointment as right now i feel so mad! if this is what i have to look forward to then life ******** sucks!

Sorry for my rant and i know theres loads of people worse than i am, its just so hard getting my head around feeling as though ive lost my life!

Bob, I have replied to your pm to me.

Debbie xx

You’re right Nik’ - you are one step closer.

Having a proactive GP behind us can make all the difference in the world so I’m really pleased that this one is pressing forward and chasing things up for you. She’s right for sure, you definitely shouldn’t have to put up with all this. Okay, so you haven’t got any meds (at the moment!) but just the fact that the doc that you’re now seeing is listening and hearing what you’re saying is a good start!

Will you let us know how you get on Wednesday…Oh, and no apologies required…you’ve not upset anyone sweet!!

(((hugs)))

Debbie xx

Hi Chelle,

I completely agree that some docs/medics don’t live in the real world. It’s very easy for them to say cut your hours down but we still have to earn a crust

My neuro and nurse are forever saying the same thing and I know they’re right…but…

You do need to rest though - battling against it will only make you feel worse. The only solution I’ve come up with so far is to take each day as it comes. At the moment I’m still working full time and I’m lucky that I don’t have anyone looking over my shoulder all the time - I can generally plan my working day as I please. So I do. I prioritise as much as possible and when I feel really cr*p I only do the necessaries. Non essential stuff can wait. I do this at home too. I leave the chores that can wait.

That feeling of having ‘lost your life’ is a perfectly natural feeling I think we all feel that especially when in limbo. Fingers crossed that you see the neuro very soon and he starts the ball rolling in terms of tests etc.

Let us know how you get on - pm me anytime.

Debbie xx

Thank you all SOOOO much for being so kind to me. I’m really hoping this doctor will help me, she isn’t my usual GP but as mine has left now she might become it. Thank you Xxxxx